• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories Want Your House

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
    It seems quite an interesting strategy, that people are lapping up, to concentrate on the middle classes and their usual health and money concerns.

The Tories, in the past 7 years - with worse changes forthcoming - have denigrated the disabled and the extremely poor of our society. If you're lucky to have no disabled or extremely poor friends or relatives, then perhaps perform some charity work and acquire detail of the way in which these purposefully destructive policies are aimed at destroying the spirits of many of these people. People - humans, with feelings, pasts and also futures.

I notice few people seem to comment on this in the election threads; why is this?

The methodology for analysing whether someone was fit for work was a national disgrace, yet it continues under other various guises now.

If you vote Tory, you are part of the above and complicit in these actions. If the above does not bother you, you need to have a good look in the mirror, ideally after contacting with disabled and extremely poor people, whose aim is to get up in society.

5% of these people, aggregate - from investigations, are thought to be "conning the system". Why would you wish to damage the vast majority of 95% who are surely fully entitled to such disabled benefits, assistance, care-worker help and aid to push on in society and better themselves?

Disgrace.
    That would be the Savage tory cuts?

During the Maggie/Major years those claiming Disability doubled. ~27% against 12% today.

Then the nice labour party started cutting it. (yes really).

Pretty much a straight line down from there, that horrid right wing coalition followed the trend established by New lie.

Camermoron & co stole the bread from the downtrodden at the same rate as Gordon B'Ruin.

https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/7756

but do carry on believing the dogma.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      This forum has a small population of brain dead idiots who think that because they turn over £120K through their ltd and drive a Beemer or an Audi that they are 'one of us' with the tories and tory cuts only hurt the workshy and poor. I think the official name for it is 'being thick as f**k'.
      Actually we have discussed this but we only discuss it when someone like PC moans about no-one taking care of his elderly parent.

Incidentally Labour didn't vote against the Tory welfare cuts....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

During the Maggie/Major years those claiming Disability doubled. ~27% against 12% today.

Pretty much a straight line down from there, that horrid right wing coalition followed the trend established by New lie.

Camermoron & co stole the bread from the downtrodden at the same rate as Gordon B'Ruin.

Nice graphs.

Oddly we point to the same thing.

BTW You know Komrade Korbyn is different right?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Actually we have discussed this but we only discuss it when someone like PC moans about no-one taking care of his elderly parent.
          Maybe he could put his hand in his pocket and contribute from his own JSA payment.

Comment

Nice graphs.

Oddly we point to the same thing.

BTW You know Komrade Korbyn is different right?
            Well hopefully if he gets in he won't reclassify anyone over 50 & unemployed as disabled - which is pretty much what happened in the 1990s hiding the statistics.

Comrade Corbyn - I have a Whelk stall he couldn't manage!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Anybody would query the classification of what a dis-enabled person is. Were disabled people finally recognised (at a fraud rate of circa ~5%, for argument's sake) and accounted for, rather than being cooked off the books?

Certainly the unemployed, as we know, have been cooked off the books for decades in various ways. By altering the definition of what an unemployed or disabled person is you can therefore show a massive increase of decrease on a graph.

I'm no Blair-apologist. If you come to me with a new ferrari on hire purchase and a massive mortgage, before 2007, I say you're an idiot living on borrowed time. Major made mistakes too. But an aim of resolution or achievable state of the country isn't based by simply comparing party colours, as with football teams, forever more.

Rather than focus on the past, perhaps we really need a new view for the route onwards for the country? A good start would be disallowing changes to definition of disabled and unemployed people. Unemployed people aren't in work but wish to be in work. Not all unemployed people (as per this forum), even upon shutting down a limited company, would register as unemployed.

Comment

Incidentally Labour didn't vote against the Tory welfare cuts....
                I didn't say they did, and I wouldn't support them regardless.

You seem to be falling into the Equalizer's trap of countering something that is a pile of utter tulipe by saying that someone/something else might be a worse pile of tulipe. Not very constructive and that seems to be the way politics works nowadays. Don't blow your own trumpet, tulip in someone else's trumpet instead and deflect from the fact that you're behaving like a c**t in the first place.
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Well hopefully if he gets in he won't reclassify anyone over 50 & unemployed as disabled - which is pretty much what happened in the 1990s hiding the statistics.
                  They now have a better way of doing the statistics.

If you don't turn up and we sent the letters 2nd class so you get them the day after the appointment we chuck you off JSA.

Comrade Corbyn - I have a Whelk stall he couldn't manage!
                  He would delegate the job to his former lover, Abbott, or his lovely mouthed Southern neighbour, Thornberry.

Comment

You seem to be falling into the Equalizer's trap of countering something that is a pile of utter tulipe by saying that someone/something else might be a worse pile of tulipe. Not very constructive and that seems to be the way politics works nowadays. Don't blow your own trumpet, tulip in someone else's trumpet instead and deflect from the fact that you're behaving like a c**t in the first place.
                    Might be worth noting that this isn't what I said. Carry on...

Comment

Equalizer thinks Brexit for UK is justified because the effect of Brexit will be worse on Ireland.

Comment

Working...
                      X