• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More guff from the anti-smoking Nazis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My old man was diagnosed with smoking related lung cancer last year, he had 2/3rds of a lung removed, then 4 rounds of chemo, on the last round when his immune system was low he got an infection which turned into sepsis and this killed him. He gave up smoking at 40 and he was 76 when he died, I smoked a lot up until 2-3yrs ago, crapping it in now.

Comment

Originally posted by BoggyMcCBoggyFace View Post
      My old man was diagnosed with smoking related lung cancer last year, he had 2/3rds of a lung removed, then 4 rounds of chemo, on the last round when his immune system was low he got an infection which turned into sepsis and this killed him. He gave up smoking at 40 and he was 76 when he died, I smoked a lot up until 2-3yrs ago, crapping it in now.
      Blame your genes for not being like June Brown's
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Not wishing to make light of your old mans death.

But how old do you expect to be when you die?

Same goes for anyone on this board?

What is a good innings?

65,70,75,80??

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/...ie_of_old_age/
        Last edited by original PM; 9 May 2017, 14:12. Reason: To add something

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

What is a good innings?

65,70,75,80??
          I was thinking late 80's to early 90's years old is good, anything in the 70's I tend to think is low but may be that just me being in denial that I'm getting older to lol

Comment

I was thinking late 80's to early 90's years old is good, anything in the 70's I tend to think is low but may be that just me being in denial that I'm getting older to lol
            That's possibly optimistic

Average age is 81.

In the US its 78

Japan is 83

The more I progress into my 40's the more I am coming to accept I have lived longer than I will live

Advances in medical science may change that but...

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about that.

It's because of that, that it's very important for an ex-smoker to do checkups every year and pay attention to the minimal symptoms.

Comment

Old enough to be a burden to my children. Currently I am just an embarrassment.

Comment

75?

I'm going on the fact I should die later than my parents but die a few years before their healthier siblings.

I will be pissed if I live longer and get dementia and/or incontinence.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.
                    Cut down on alcohol or quit entirely, up your fruit and veg consumption to 5-10 portions a day (yes really you should do 10), and do lots of exercise.
                    All these should help.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Sorry to hear that.
                      Cut down on alcohol or quit entirely, up your fruit and veg consumption to 5-10 portions a day (yes really you should do 10), and do lots of exercise.
                      All these should help.
                      And then he will be flattened by a bus tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X