• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Frozen shoulder - flippin heck it hurts....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Yes yes, a very common disease. Its called the public sector syndrome.
    Komrade Korbyn will cure all public sector ailments!
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Seriously get a massage. Do it today. There'll be a spa not far from you that can accommodate. Once the circulation starts the tendons may start to benefit.
      From what I understand its an issue with the shoulder joint aint it? Will a massage really help that?
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You being Welsh I thought you would have played rugby at some point.
        Of course. Valley commando too. Football was considered a girls game.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          From what I understand its an issue with the shoulder joint aint it? Will a massage really help that?
          A physio will be able to tell you, and if they are able to help they will manipulate it for you. Likewise so will the alternative practitioners mentioned.

It's far cheaper and less painful then waiting for the NHS to do something.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Had one about 5-6 years ago. NHS said painkillers and rest and it could take up to 6 months to clear up.

Four visits to a Chiropractor did the job in 2 weeks. Carried on with Chiro for about three months afterwards.
            Never sure about chiropractors to be honest. Undecided.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Physios hurt you but are often better placed to work out how screwed up you are then a damn GP.
              Not a fan of physios either to be honest. Never seen one do any good. Usually its turn up and they give you a print out of exercises and thats it.

Wife just been for a few sessions. In the end, they gave up and said sorry you need surgery. She was already on the waiting list.

Comment

Could be. Could be slipped disks in your neck. Could be inflammation elsewhere and the pain is being referred.

Massage helps where the muscles go into spasm around or near the area of damage. Hot compresses work nicely, as do narcotics.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not a fan of physios either to be honest. Never seen one do any good. Usually its turn up and they give you a print out of exercises and thats it.

Wife just been for a few sessions. In the end, they gave up and said sorry you need surgery. She was already on the waiting list.
                  I've used private physios due to sports injuries.

They don't give you a print out of exercises they manipulate you and show you the exercises. Then work out if you need further appointments.
                  Last edited by SueEllen; 26 April 2017, 09:41.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The lack of blood flowing in the joint (tendons) is what's probably giving you grief. A massage will loosen up the area of soft tissue. It's not a solution but a good start with immediate relief.

Of course always ask your GP. And another GP if you're not happy with the first opinion.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Frozen shoulder is usually used to describe adhesive capsulitis. The capsule is a structure that wraps around the shoulder. It gets restricted and becomes very painful. It usually recovers spontaneously but over a fairly long period of time. I would get it assessed by a physiotherapist ( preferably a personal recommendation from someone) to rule out any other causes ( neck, rotator cuff etc) that can present with similar symptoms.

If it was my shoulder I would be a bit cautious of any heavy going manual techniques, because if it is adhesive capsulitis, its not a muscle or joint you are trying to affect. It could just make it hurt more.

Comment

Working...
                      X