• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    you mistake me.
    I'm not arguing for or against. That would be futile as it does exist and isn't going to go away. Ditto with fiat currency.

There seem to be people who don't know what it is, or how it works (bitcoins and fiat) but still argue the pros and cons with great confidence.

oh dear Lance

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      the fees you pay are set by your choice. The higher the fee the faster your transaction is processed by the miners. No fee and you could wait a REALLY long time.

As for fees for goods. That's nonsense. The vendor sets a price and you pay it or not. That's not a fee, that's called retail.

Fees for exchanging do exist. And those fees are again determined by the market. You don't like the fee Bittylicious charge then use trade.com, or bleutrade.
      so you can exchange proper cash money for coins but incur huge fees going the other way. - what i said, - magic e-beans.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        so you can exchange proper cash money for coins but incur huge fees going the other way. - what i said, - magic e-beans.

There's a buy/sell difference. The difference between buy and sell on Bittylicious is 1%. I wouldn't call that huge and it's less than the difference for most foreign currency exchanges.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          What are you talking about? The fees are small both ways.

https://www.kraken.com/help/fees

Comment

Comment

Strong bounce at $3k - crazy volatile

https://www.coindesk.com/price/
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Strong bounce at $3k - crazy volatile

https://www.coindesk.com/price/
                Bought at about $3200.

Comment

whoop!

Here it goes (up) again! If only I could buy/sell fast enough... could have made £500 per coin this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nominally View Post
                    Here it goes (up) again! If only I could buy/sell fast enough... could have made £500 per coin this afternoon.
                    hindsight is the best investor EVER
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                      Bought at about $3200.
                      Well done you - got back into to some BC at 3550 -
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X