• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Got to be fair things like this are going to put people off. Get someone scamming or stealing your credit card, phone CC company and, apart from a bit of hassle, you're not out of pocket.

Get your Bitcoin nicked and its gone and you've lost it.

It's likely that exchanges will start to offer the same kind of insurance as financial institutes, if the hodler hasn't been negligent with passwords, paid for by the fees they charge. i.e. The protection you get from more traditional money storage and transactions is paid for one way or another.

The risk will persist where as a crypto wallet owner you have no one to offer such protection, making storing on exchanges or crypto banks more attractive to Jo Public, and offering the institutions the same way of making money out of other people's.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Okay XRP what are you doing - you're are not supposed to be doing anything at the minute... Looks like it'll now rise to its last support level which is around 93 sats. Nonetheless it is a signal the bears are weakening for XRP.

Golden cross emerges.

Well I used to own ****inf XRP!
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

;-(
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          It's likely that exchanges will start to offer the same kind of insurance as financial institutes, if the hodler hasn't been negligent with passwords, paid for by the fees they charge. i.e. The protection you get from more traditional money storage and transactions is paid for one way or another.

The risk will persist where as a crypto wallet owner you have no one to offer such protection, making storing on exchanges or crypto banks more attractive to Jo Public, and offering the institutions the same way of making money out of other people's.
          Yeah, the insurance premiums (if they really insure it rather than self-insure) will be real low

“Exchanges” are essentially “banks”, so with tulipcoins people will pay “banks” to keep their “money” safe, beats FIAT for sure

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Got to be fair things like this are going to put people off. Get someone scamming or stealing your credit card, phone CC company and, apart from a bit of hassle, you're not out of pocket.

Get your Bitcoin nicked and its gone and you've lost it.
            If only somebody could have predicted those risks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              It's likely that exchanges will start to offer the same kind of insurance as financial institutes, if the hodler hasn't been negligent with passwords,.
              or not set up 2FA as strongly advised all over the place.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                or not set up 2FA as strongly advised all over the place.
                yes PCisabellend.com
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Don't exactly know what it means... however it is very interesting, on the 3-day chart you can see XRP have obeyed support & resistance on the upper trend line since way back in 2015. This tells you it is a very important trend line that will always cause some indecision when it is approached. Moreover a major uptrend in XRP has not begun until it touches the lower trend line. Fascinating... why am I sharing all this juicy info? Normally this would result in an invoice being written, which reminds me.. last month's timesheet still not written.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

EOS airdrops

Anyone else receiving them? Got a quite a few now gathering up in my account. Free money!

Most are nonsense and then there's the odd interesting project, such as Parsl which was dropped as SEED. They are into supply chain management on the EOS blockchain. They'll be making 12 monthly airdrops.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Anyone else receiving them? Got a quite a few now gathering up in my account. Free money!

Most are nonsense and then there's the odd interesting project, such as Parsl which was dropped as SEED. They are into supply chain management on the EOS blockchain. They'll be making 12 monthly airdrops.

Not holding any EOS at the moment so no
                      Currently waiting for BCH airdrop...will probably have to move the stash to binance to receive that.
                      before that happens though I think there's a dump and pump coming on the BCHBTC price
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X