• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Thanks for the heads up guys - made a tidy profit last night...

Take a note - pooper does not appear to give a fook about defrauded investors, seems happy to make a quick buck on the back of it...

Comment

For the record I had no idea there was a crook sitting on the top seat. Who knew Fred the Shred was robbing RBS before it went belly up?

Looks like the team are going to fork with PRL2. Actually sold my PRL about 10 month ago when at 13k sats.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

For the record I had no idea there was a crook sitting on the top seat.
        You did not know it was tulipcoin?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          You did not know it was tulipcoin?
          To be fair, no-one knew although there were rumours of insider trading. Most people thought Bruno Block was a genius.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            To be fair, no-one knew
            Tulipcoins == Scam

Fraud was in the name of the game.

Comment

Anyone got any views on the 'Initiative Q' referral based email address harvesting I see on other forums?

They're giving away 'Q's to those that sign up, with the supposed intention of one 'Q' eventually (they admit it will likely be years down the line) being worth one $. I suppose the $ may go down to meet the 'Q'.

It is a pyramid scheme if you class the email address as the payment, and verified email addresses do have some value to spam marketing companies, particularly where the email address owner is proven to be somewhat gullible to a get rich scheme.

Maybe it's this crimbo's FOMO hype train seeing as bitcoin is still in a slumber.

Personally I'm not tempted as I predict once they have all the 'first movers' locked in they'll only release the 'Q's when more info is provided, such as proof of ID on the pretence of needing the ID to allow the 'Q's to be used as the payment system the whole thing is being marketed as. Could be a novel way of harvesting data using multi-level marketing paired with vapourware crypto.

TLDR: SCAM!
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

BABB holders... this looks promising. First instance of adoption? Awesome if true.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

BABB holders... this looks promising. First instance of adoption? Awesome if true.
                  If you say it is then it won't be.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

OMFG, app can send money around the world!!!

How cool is that!!!

Uber cool... until later when people discover one of the "smart contracts" redirected money to Belize

Comment

You're missing the point. Many people in the world don't actually have a bank account. BABB can change that especially in a continent like Africa. Suddenly individuals & suppliers can receive payments from purchasers abroad. The area of remittances is just as important. You might be working a low paid job in the UK that represents a fair chunk of change back home, how do I send it there without having my pants pulled down over the price?

My money was on Stellar achieving the remittance problem. Ultimately the winner of adoption will be the one who gets it up and running first.

Comment

Working...
                      X