• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Has the year end arrived yet? All of your criticisms are assuming prices don't change between now and the end of the year.
    Oh I am sure they will change between now and the end of the year.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Has the year end arrived yet? All of your criticisms are assuming prices don't change between now and the end of the year.
      if you're still certain BTC is going to $100k by the end of the year shouldn't you be selling your house to buy them now? 15x return in 2 months?! buy buy buy

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Oh I am sure they will change between now and the end of the year.
        That's the spirit.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
          if you're still certain BTC is going to $100k by the end of the year shouldn't you be selling your house to buy them now? 15x return in 2 months?! buy buy buy
          Already did. Sold my entire pension position out of the stock market a few months ago and is now tracking BTC and ETH funds. There's a post back there somewhere.

House sale under way, but that equity is going into gold / silver.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

While upward price is somewhat uncertain, the base threshold price seems to be around £4700. It's not gone below that for long this year so far, and the longer it stays like that the more foundation to BTC being worth at least that amount.

So while I'm not betting the farm on BTC going to the moon, or significantly over £5k I have been dripping some £ into it whenever it has been at this 'new lower threshold'.

Worse case, there's a pub near me that accepts bitcoin so if it all looks like going tits up I can drown my sorrows.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Already did. Sold my entire pension position out of the stock market a few months ago and is now tracking BTC and ETH funds. There's a post back there somewhere.

House sale under way, but that equity is going into gold / silver.
              Pension decimated. Nice.

Comment

I know, I tried to calm you down then, too

Don't lose everything chasing a wing and a prayer

Comment

We'll see... not a wing and a prayer, hours, days of study & research.

Comment

Scoots,

XRP

people are saying that XRP is being pushed by the IMF as a possible instrument for the Central Banking System to use.

If I search for the Ripple IMF on google news, there are a good number of articles about this.

IMO if XRP became an instrument of the IMF and the Central Banking System the price could have upside and there could be nice rewards for people brave enough to get in before hand.

Hence the question, why is the XRP price where it is, and why hasn't the herd grasped this and jumped in and filled their boots and ordered their new Lamborghini's ?

Thanks,

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                      Pension decimated. Nice.
                      Well TBH Korbyn is going to take it anyway, so a million to one shot on crypto starts to make sense....

Comment

Working...
                      X