• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    What, so next year you can sell them for £5,000,000

Get lost!

This time next year (after Hard Brexit) we will all be millionaires...

Comment

Pooper Scooter is keeping quiet for a change, where's the queen of crypto ramping when you need him?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Pooper Scooter is keeping quiet for a change, where's the queen of crypto ramping when you need him?

Even pooper can't come up with the usual bulltulip while this clusterf**k is going on.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          This time next year (after Hard Brexit) we will all be millionaires...
          Venaz ... Venuz ... Zimbabwe style.

Instead of bringing out plastic notes they should have made them edible, then at least when they can no longer be used to buy food the population won't starve.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Even pooper can't come up with the usual bulltulip while this clusterf**k is going on.
            Yes, complete nightmare.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

This not financial advice

The whole of the internet seems to believe the reason for the latest 6.5% in the last 7 days, yes only 6.5%, pullback is because of goldman sachs closing their proposal for a trading desk as they were uncertain of the crypto legal boundaries (actually their own legal boundaries but the internet interpreted that as crypto boundaries), whilst operating as a commercial bank. Well that was not the reason for the pullback.

110,000 bitcoin were moved to the Bitmex exchange on the day of the pullback, that's why there was a sell off. $1 billion at today's prices. There was a belief of a massive imminent Bitcoin selloff. I'm of the impression it could easily be a massive purchase of various alt-coins on the Bitmex exchange or it is indeed Goldman dumping their earlier purchased Bitcoin now that their trading desk proposals are being shelved.

Is there anything positive in all of this? Yes. Bitcoin dominance is rocketing upward. Historically speaking this spells danger for Bitcoin every single time and we see multiple alt-coin positions rallying as Bitcoin dominance collapses. Remember there's far more interesting projects out there than Bitcoin, I believe we're about to see them claim some dominance. We've discussed them at length throughout this thread.

ICE owners of the NYSE are opening a crypto exchange mid-November, we'll see Bitcoin dominance rocket back up after the alt-run.

Yes I still believe we see a $60k-$100k per BTC before end of December.

Be patient.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I presume there's no way of being sure what has been done with those 110,000 BTC since being moved to the exchange other than analyse the effect on the BTC and alt prices to surmise the action?

So likely a whale manipulating the market. Volatility is a good time to make quick money if you're a gambler and can read the tea leaves (aka trading analysis).

At least Japan is looking to increase whale hunting. Maybe they'll catch this Moby Prick.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  I presume there's no way of being sure what has been done with those 110,000 BTC since being moved to the exchange other than analyse the effect on the BTC and alt prices to surmise the action?

So likely a whale manipulating the market. Volatility is a good time to make quick money if you're a gambler and can read the tea leaves (aka trading analysis).
                  Time will tell.

Many people talking about market manipulation. And yet the stock market manipulation we're seeing by central banks is operating on an Astronomical scale, which remains unchecked and un-newsworthy. Incredible times. Remember the Libor manipulation when of trillions of dollars impacted home owners throughout the world? Was there even a jail sentence? When it comes to market manipulation, there's no logarithmic chart that could even compare Fiat and Crypto!

Bitcoin could and I expect will collapse to around $5k before mid-October. Ignore it.

Comment

I should add... everyone thinks I'm out of my mind suggesting Bitcoin is going to $60-100k before the year will end.. Bitcoin is not getting their by its own means, I never believed that. It is going to get there with the assistance of fiat money collapsing. The value of the dollar will collapse much like the currencies of emerging economies these past couple of months. I love how everyone is ignoring this.

I'm going to get a t-shirt made 'Sei ein Contrarian, schau hinter dich!'

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      I should add... everyone thinks I'm out of my mind suggesting Bitcoin is going to $60-100k before the year will end.. Bitcoin is not getting their by its own means, I never believed that. It is going to get there with the assistance of fiat money collapsing. The value of the dollar will collapse much like the currencies of emerging economies these past couple of months. I love how everyone is ignoring this.

I'm going to get a t-shirt made 'Sei ein Contrarian, schau hinter dich!'
                      At least that'll keep you warm in your dotage!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X