• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've refrained from commenting on this thread because it reminds me of the tax-dodgers thread in terms of greed and stupidity
    Suffice to say, there a lot of nonsense being spouted on here.
    But I have a cryptocurrency investment myself - let's just say it's an amount I can afford to lose.
    If it takes off my relatively modest amount should grow much larger, if it doesn't - oh well.

Diversification is the name of the game. I can't afford to lose sleep worrying about desperate gambles to get rich - which never work BTW.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      Hey..there's one in my home town.
      Wonder where it is
      EDIT: not far from me

Nearest one to me is in a pub. Dangerous when drunk. I expect the fees will make it an eye watering experience when sobered up.

I wonder if they make more money on that than the fruit machines.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Now that SAS has confirmed he's bought BTC we all know it'll collapse in the next couple of weeks.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Diversification is the name of the game.

As well as small position sizes.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Nearest one to me is in a pub. Dangerous when drunk. I expect the fees will make it an eye watering experience when sobered up.

I wonder if they make more money on that than the fruit machines.
            Mine's in a post office about 4 miles away. Not one I've ever used. The site tells you the price you can buy for. When I checked yesterday you could buy for £5800! Ouch
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Mine's in a post office about 4 miles away. Not one I've ever used. The site tells you the price you can buy for. When I checked yesterday you could buy for £5800! Ouch
              You could always try "Revolut"
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Now that SAS has confirmed he's bought BTC we all know it'll collapse in the next couple of weeks.
                Had it for ages. Not as silly as you though.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Does the price include all transaction fees or is it just a poor exchange rate?

I suppose if these machines accept cash then that is a good USP. No banks throwing a and threatening to close accounts for buying crypto. Also, pretty much as anonymous as you can get if buying with cash and using a crypto wallet not used online for anything other than setting it up.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    You could always try "Revolut"
                    I don't think they allow transfer of crypto purchases away from their wallet (they offer the service in partnership with Coinbase IIRC so may as well just go to the more flexible source) so the 'old' adage of "not your wallet not your coins" applies.

Not sure if they intend offering that ability at some point or if they are keeping it simple like their other currency holdings where it's one click buy/sell.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                      I don't think they allow transfer of crypto purchases away from their wallet (they offer the service in partnership with Coinbase IIRC so may as well just go to the more flexible source) so the 'old' adage of "not your wallet not your coins" applies.

Not sure if they intend offering that ability at some point or if they are keeping it simple like their other currency holdings where it's one click buy/sell.
                      TBH, I've only used it for "real" currency "swapping". I've made a few quid on the back of a few transactions. With regards to crypto, I've no intention of touching it.

I'll stick to shotguns and tins of baked beans for the forthcoming apocalypse.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X