• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    wish i had some spare fiat to increase my coinage there
    Hate this feeling,

Worldwide Asset Exchange (WAX) is now probably the best coin to get into with spare fiat. A buy up to $1.40 and is currently $0.21 - whereas CND is a buy up to $0.30 and at a third of that. WAX is heavily oversold at the minute.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      Ha ha still saying you held all cryptos for 1 year+
      As of a month ago, yes.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        As of a month ago, yes.
        Aah so your buying and selling documented in this thread didn't happen, including when you made you "$1mil"

Comment

Yes one Million Zimbabwe dollars.

Comment

Speaking of oversold coins, of which they are many, WAX and ETC and Siacoin (SC) are some of the most oversold at the moment. If there's spare fiat cash lying around use it...

Comment

I'm not sure I share the optimism any more. I did for a while but I missed out on 2017 and then got in during the highs of Jan and then put more in during Feb, but the market has just gone down constantly.

My holdings are down 70%. Apart from BABB, but that hasn't come on to an exchange yet.

I'm also seeing a lot more mining rigs coming on to the market. Seems that people are trying to sell these while hardware prices are still relatively high. Many of the rigs are not selling and I've seen prices falling due to this.

There was a time when you could recover the cost of your mining rig within 4 - 6 months. Now, due to falling coin prices, it takes ~18 months.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                I'm not sure I share the optimism any more. I did for a while but I missed out on 2017 and then got in during the highs of Jan and then put more in during Feb, but the market has just gone down constantly.

My holdings are down 70%. Apart from BABB, but that hasn't come on to an exchange yet.

I'm also seeing a lot more mining rigs coming on to the market. Seems that people are trying to sell these while hardware prices are still relatively high. Many of the rigs are not selling and I've seen prices falling due to this.

There was a time when you could recover the cost of your mining rig within 4 - 6 months. Now, due to falling coin prices, it takes ~18 months.
                I know how you feel as the correction is going on longer than most people thought it would. I'm trying my best to ignore it and just wait it out as I believe it will go up again - maybe not as parabolically as it did in 2017 but it will.

Because of increased adoption it's reaching the point where authorities and big money are doing what they need to do with regulation and getting control of it. I think this is good for longer term investors and bad for scammers/schemers and pump & dump chat rooms/groups etc.

Having experienced the end of 2017 and a 400% gain I had expectations of more of the same this year which I'm having to change. Probably a good thing as getting used to 20+% moves in a day isn't a healthy expectation.

The US regulators are showing their hand and big institutional money is getting in and preparing to get in - this means a market cap several times what it is now and growing, especially if the stock market crashes.

I see a lot of alts going to 0 and ICOs becoming far more regulated. I think BTC will stay as an asset like gold and a few established alts becoming adopted.

It's horrible to watch the price every day, but I truly believe the hodlers will be rewarded
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Same thing happens at the other end, 1000% gains in a a few months and you're like, I've picked the facebook of cryptos, only upwards and onwards from here. Then a 1000% gains is 10% a week later as the market craps you out.

Just remember, don't get greedy.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Same thing happens at the other end, 1000% gains in a a few months and you're like, I've picked the facebook of cryptos, only upwards and onwards from here. Then a 1000% gains is 10% a week later as the market craps you out.

Just remember, don't get greedy.
                    70% down in 4 - 6 weeks hasn't really given me the chance to be greedy.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                      70% down in 4 - 6 weeks hasn't really given me the chance to be greedy.
                      Don't forget...there's HODLing and there's HODLing.
                      I'm holding my coins long trm but....there's lots of volatility out there which you can use to increase your coin volume.
                      RDD for example has had a tulipstorm recently. It's currently at sub 70 sats. But...it seems to be acting according to technical algorithm trading so it's possible to make coins off it. I've increased my RDD by about 35% over the last few weeks because of that. At the moment I have 30% or so of my RDD waiting to sell at 69. I can see a downwards wedge terminating at about 60-62 and it could rocket up there. if it goes as planned I'll prob buy back in at 63 and make 3% overall. But...look at the RDD analysis by tradingdevil on youtube(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyMeVaHOp3A). His targets for algo buying are down at 45 sats or so. If it breaks down from the wedge (instead of up as it should) then I'll sell some more and look to buy back at about 48.
                      This is about the only coin I do this with at the moment as it moves up and down in price very slowly and is therefore easier to see

EDIT:
                      The value overall of my holding has taken a massive hit I have to say...the same as everyone. At the peak it was worth 1.6BTC and about $24000. Now it's at about 0.9BTC and $10000. It's a killer to look at and very hard to ignore but I believe it will be worth it in the end.

Order now filled so let's see what happens.
                      From my own TA it looks like the recent spike to about 124 was corrective in nature with an extension in the 5th subwave of the C wave. I think we may see a slight increase soon but overall I think we're in subwave 1 (or 3...hard to tell) of the C wave
                      Last edited by VirtualMonkey; 8 March 2018, 14:23.
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X