• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me to see a minor pullback - don't like parabolic moves like we had in December - they are unsustainable and prone to parabolic crashes - like we just saw.

Was talking to someone at clientco about it who likes EW analysis and he seemed to reckon that the 2017 big move was "big wave 1", the crash we just saw was "big wave 2" which now puts us into "big wave 3" - which would of course have it's pullbacks but I like the sound of that.

The current move we're in is now impulsive so I think the "big wave 2" could have completed although there could always be some long horrible drawn out correction with X and Y waves. I hope not because I want my Lambos, recording studio and London house... Sooner rather than later.
    I almost agree with him. The uptrend is looking better and better as time goes on.
    I think that when we close over 11800 on maybe the 4 hour chart we are clear of the wave 2 down trend upper line. after that it's 35k over the 5 waves of wave 3 (of which we are in 1 at the moment...subject to what i just said)
    If we bounce of the uptrend line then it's back down ... way down
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      I almost agree with him. The uptrend is looking better and better as time goes on.
      I think that when we close over 11800 on maybe the 4 hour chart we are clear of the wave 2 down trend upper line. after that it's 35k over the 5 waves of wave 3 (of which we are in 1 at the moment...subject to what i just said)
      If we bounce of the uptrend line then it's back down ... way down
      I have about 12385 as my upper trend channel line and horizontal resistance based on prior support - both lining up in confluence.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...le-resistance/

Although that UTL (upper trend line) is based on an Andrews pitchfork and not a trendline drawn across the highs/closes. I've drawn one in red which it is at right now. Also there is the 100 SMA (green).

Another scenario is a pullback to the recent support zone (9275-10650) - find support here then launch an assault on the upper trendlines and beyond.

Obviously my preference is Lambos...
      Last edited by Jog On; 20 February 2018, 14:11.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I have about 12385 as my upper trend channel line and horizontal resistance based on prior support - both lining up in confluence.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...le-resistance/

Although that UTL (upper trend line) is based on an Andrews pitchfork and not a trendline drawn across the highs/closes. I've drawn one in red which it is at right now. Also there is the 100 SMA (green).

Another scenario is a pullback to the recent support zone (9275-10650) - find support here then launch an assault on the upper trendlines and beyond.

Obviously my preference is Lambos...
        not at pc now so losing track of waves but I think your 12k target matches my wave 5 of the current wave with the pullback (wave 4 I think) back to mid 9k so that pretty much matches yours. shame I have no btc to actually play with.
        RDD on the other hand...looking for 106 with pullback to about 94
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

think etc has almost finished the current correction with 45-48 being the next target (from memory)

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
            think etc has almost finished the current correction with 45-48 being the next target (from memory)
            One of my better performers over recent days
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

One of my better performers over recent days
              oh yes. watched it hit over 40 a few days ago and nearly sold but didn't have the stones....next time!

Comment

I'm looking to start trading and have been recommended Coin base - only problem is everywhere I go, reviews are awful for it e.g:

Coinbase - 457 Reviews - Bitcoin Exchange - BitTrust.org

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/coinbase.com

Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                  I'm looking to start trading and have been recommended Coin base - only problem is everywhere I go, reviews are awful for it e.g:

Coinbase - 457 Reviews - Bitcoin Exchange - BitTrust.org

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/coinbase.com

Why is that?
                  Did you read any of the reviews?
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                    Did you read any of the reviews?
                    errr yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                      errr yeah!
                      Best thing to do is setup an account on an exchange such as Bittrex, Binance or Bitstamp etc and then to see if someone on here will sell you some btc for fiat currency. I've done it several times and had no problems once you have some btc you can then get trading.
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X