• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    did anyone see the Dow fall on Friday and how many points it fell.

Milan.

Considering that it has been booming for quite a while and reached record levels, a small correction was overdue.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      Considering that it has been booming for quite a while and reached record levels, a small correction was overdue.
      Exactly. And a 700 point fall on the DOW when it is at 26,000 is nowhere near as bad as a 700 point when it was a 16,000

Comment

did anyone see the Dow fall on Friday and how many points it fell.

Milan.
        Yes - bonds as well. Some people are calling this stock market drop as 'the big one' we've been waiting for. There could be another 2007/8 style recession only much bigger being triggered right now.

Some people have been calling this for the last couple of years and the stock market is a massive bubble that could be bursting now. If this all kicks off I'm not sure what this means for crypto TBH. We could be seeing bank bail-ins and all sorts if doomsday happens this year...

Got a TDV alert about all this on the weekend - they keep going on about this Economist cover from 1988 - notice the date on the coin:

All a bit tin foil hat but it's definitely prudent to watch what's going on in the other markets...
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Yes - bonds as well. Some people are calling this stock market drop as 'the big one' we've been waiting for. There could be another 2007/8 style recession only much bigger being triggered right now.

Some people have been calling this for the last couple of years and the stock market is a massive bubble that could be bursting now. If this all kicks off I'm not sure what this means for crypto TBH. We could be seeing bank bail-ins and all sorts if doomsday happens this year...

Got a TDV alert about all this on the weekend - they keep going on about this Economist cover from 1988 - notice the date on the coin:

All a bit tin foil hat but it's definitely prudent to watch what's going on in the other markets...

yes I am also well uptodate on that whole story with the Economist cover and for me it all ties in to Scoots thing about the shiny stuff

Milan.

Comment

yes I am also well uptodate on that whole story with the Economist cover and for me it all ties in to Scoots thing about the shiny stuff

Milan.
            They'll take that as well if it all goes Pete Tong...
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I'd like to know more about "Taketulipa" and why he's coming to town.

Comment

Gold is where everyone rushed to last time we had a recession. Did they have a choice though? Now we have crypto which is not really linked to the stock market (depending on who you listen to) so there is the possibility that it could be seen as a place to go. Especially with gold being valued highly (relatively) and crypto being depressed (relatively).
                Really not sure what I think at the moment. Have no intention of leaving crypto at least in the medium term (first half of this year) but don't want to miss the boat on gold...and not enough cash to do both. Decisions decisions.
                Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

They'll take that as well if it all goes Pete Tong...
                  they sure will but only the ETF's and paper

if you've got it at your Gran's in a field then they won't find it

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    If you're telling me you can, you'll be a billionaire in no time.
                    No, I'm telling you I cannot predict the future price. And neither can anybody else.

Comment

Finally got round to trying a Revolut to Coinbase SEPA transfer and failed at first step as Coinbase only accepts transfers from bank accounts exactly matching name of Coinbase account. One has my middle name and the other doesn't.

My other bank account only has first name initials, so none match my Coinbase account.

I'm clearly not cut out to be a crypto gambler.

Oh well, can still play using my debit card.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X