• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scoots et al,

just to add thoughts to the previous post,

I really want to see you all successful and able to retire from the coins, and can't wait to see a photo of Scoot's BreadVan, but it will be a shame if the BreadVan is finally made by Matchbox/Corgi instead of Ferrari

The links above, the book and the article about George Gilder are about what happened lest time, in the .com , I hope this doesn't go that way, but it never hurts to understand what happened last time so that if you see similar signals today you can take protective measures

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      Scoots, why would the CB's accumulate it when they can ban it and create their own ? That's the RedShield formula.

I humbly suggest you to,

a) Read the book, Financial Reckoning Day by Bill Bonner and Addison Wiggin, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Financial-R...+reckoning+day

b) Read this article, https://www.wired.com/2002/07/gilder-6/ probably do this first

c) Think about perhaps cashing part of your hodling

p.s. I am not a financial advisor, do your own research

Milan.

Way ahead of you, sold 2/3's into cash during December. Admittedly I've put a third back in. But I'm quite happy I've secured so much yet still kept a hand in the game.

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      2 days ago I said sold 2/3's of my portfolio in dollars before the correction - what you call telepathic I call profitable.

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2502996

Thanks for the links - I'll have a look!
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Way ahead of you, sold 2/3's into cash during December. Admittedly I've put a third back in. But I'm quite happy I've secured so much yet still kept a hand in the game.

Thanks for the links - I'll have a look!

good

so what's the timeline for the BreadVan ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          He seems to have a habit of repeating himself every year then.

Bitcoin currently at $8.5k.

I'll continue dripping my £s into cryptos, pound cost averaging on the way down. Not putting in more than I'm willing to lose
          , even if it turns out to be just paying for all the entertainment along the way. Much more interesting than premium bonds paying out £25/month if you're lucky, or savings accounts paying fractions of a percent because the bwankers and govermin are screwing the prudent to keep the debt junkies afloat. Screw them back, there's a new game in town and you've got to be in it to win it. Vive la bitcoin revolution.

No way, nooo waaay it's going to $1. You can bookmark that one too.

Good man. No one should enter this game without that first basic step. I wish I could share the latest video from PBC, it makes some reassuring points.

This is a good test for everyone. Ignore the dollar value. I know it's hard to take the focus away, but this is how I miscalculated so much during 2017. Had I traded on the BTC value rather than the daily $ value my portfolio would be multiples more.

In the months to come you're going to see alt's grow in Satoshi value by stupid percentages. When that happens, you put the gains into BTC. Together we're looking at two sale points. Before the Summer begins and then sometime in December but before Christmas. That's why I cashed in 2/3's of my portfolio last year at the same time, and have done well out of it.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

good

so what's the timeline for the BreadVan ?

Milan.
            see above

Comment

Here's something interesting, DigixDAO (DGD) - do you notice how folks are trading DGD (1 token equals 1 gram of gold) instead of using Tether?

The yellow metal always comes out on top.

Comment

Here's something interesting, DigixDAO (DGD) - do you notice how folks are trading DGD (1 token equals 1 gram of gold) instead of using Tether?

The yellow metal always comes out on top.
                how do they do that, they are buying the equivalent amount of gold for every token created (like the GLD and SPDR ETF's?), or it is just pegged and tracking the gold price ?

Milan.

Comment

BTC is currently in a bear market. Of that, there is no doubt.

The question is, is this a cyclical bear within a still intact secular bull. Or is it the start of a secular bear.

And no-one knows the answer to that.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                    BTC is currently in a bear market. Of that, there is no doubt.

The question is, is this a cyclical bear within a still intact secular bull. Or is it the start of a secular bear.

And no-one knows the answer to that.

Comment

how do they do that, they are buying the equivalent amount of gold for every token created (like the GLD and SPDR ETF's?), or it is just pegged and tracking the gold price ?

Milan.
                      According to the white paper it's backed by the real stuff. I'd read more carefully before buying into it, however.

Comment

Working...
                      X