• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
    I've left plenty on the exchange, but moved a fair chunk out recently.

People who have taken mortgages and loans out are just plain dumb and probably do need saving from their own stupidity. I think the point that needs to be done is at the point of lending rather the point of spending though.

I've not seen anyone here talk about anything like that or putting silly amounts in. I'm yet to cash out my stake, but will only be annoyed and far from suicidal if it all goes to zero.
    Stupid beyond belief to do that - take out a loan. Loads of mates asked me and I said about 100 times dont put in money you cant afford and dont moan to me if it goes down !
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      You'll be joining the millionaires club by the end of the year.

If that BTC is in alt's and you accumulate up to 10 BTC.
      So let me get this right.... (I've got about 50/50 split in alts/bitcoin at the moment.

- Ignore the $ value of the alts completely.
      - If they go up compared to BTC consider selling back as BTC?
      - If they look cheap compared to BTC, buy?
      - Accumulate bitcoin in this way to sell.

Must admit I never thought like that just looking at $ values of everything and thinking when I want to cash out just transfer all back to bitcoin at the time and do it that way to FIAT.

Only thing is I've bought it all now and I tend not to buy/sell all the time, just leave it there and see how it goes etc.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        XVG is still 10 times the BTC price it was 4 or 5 weeks ago. Just thinking that is insane. And it's much the same for so many alts.

So although this crash looks bad, it's nothing when you look beyond the one month chart and that means that we could see a more substantial correction yet.
        agreed - don't expose yourself too much to it.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          So let me get this right.... (I've got about 50/50 split in alts/bitcoin at the moment.

Must admit I never thought like that just looking at $ values of everything and thinking when I want to cash out just transfer all back to bitcoin at the time and do it that way to FIAT.

Only thing is I've bought it all now and I tend not to buy/sell all the time, just leave it there and see how it goes etc.
          "Coin accumulation" doesn't make any sense. What's happening is hedging one asset against the fluctuations of another; recently it has worked as ALTs have outstripped the growth of BTC - currently BTC seems more resistant to the drop vs. say Ripple / Stellar so the inverse is true.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Pretty much expect for the highlighted, I don't often compare my alt's to BTC but rather compare them to themselves - does that make sense?!

Stellar look expensives now but it was at 3000 SATS last May. Look at the SAT levels of the alt coin's history. Is it oversold? Does it have potential to grow. Look at Siacoin for example over the last year, it is no where next it's all time high SAT level yet.

Feck me the snow. We've got 1 foot already and it's full on blizzard here in Bavaria. Had to dig out the car this morning for kindergarten. Snow chains on standby.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
              People who have taken mortgages and loans out are just plain dumb and probably do need saving from their own stupidity. I think the point that needs to be done is at the point of lending rather the point of spending though.

I've not seen anyone here talk about anything like that or putting silly amounts in. I'm yet to cash out my stake, but will only be annoyed and far from suicidal if it all goes to zero.
              You don't have to be very smart to have an edge in this market.

Because you are mainly competing with idiots.

Comment

Not going to comment on the Bitcoin thread!

We need bearish points of view. Of course I'm bullish, in some cases about the idea. And I don't know who'll be the next facebook or Apple of blockchain technology but that's not my interest. My only interest is to make a ton of money.

Loving the new re-branding of Zencash: https://zensystem.io

Comment

Not going to comment on the Bitcoin thread!

We need bearish points of view. Of course I'm bullish, in some cases about the idea. And I don't know who'll be the next facebook or Apple of blockchain technology but that's not my interest. My only interest is to make a ton of money.

Loving the new re-branding of Zencash: https://zensystem.io
                  They still won't buy any - even at what might be the best chance to get in this year... No helping some people...
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

My only interest is to make a ton of money.
                    And I take my hat off to you for seizing the opportunity.

Comment

Whip: We need everyone in brace positions. Yes, that is affirm, we are in a dive. We are in a dive. We have lost vertical control. We're gonna need drag, I want you to throw out everything you got, the speedbrakes, the gear, everything.

Lol. I'm still in credit, got another 30% to go before it eats into my initial investment.

Comment

Working...
                      X