• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big ass head and shoulders forming on Stellar - be careful. Also a round top is forming too... which would indicate a reversal (downward trend) in price movement for the coming weeks.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Stellar and Siacoin made near identical gains in the market back in May/June before the price collapsed. It's an unusual comparison to make but I think the point is well made and that is new money is shopping for ideas they like, just like it did back in May. IMO history is repeating itself. This has already happened with Litecoin and Ripple. I think Siacoin, DNT and a few others will be next. Especially those coins attached to privacy and decentralised exchanges.

Anyway, consider this:

10 weeks ago Stellar was trading around $0.03 and now it's $0.75 and falling.

If Siacoin is $0.50+ by the end of February you'll be kicking yourself blue. There's a potential 500% gain to be made in 7-9 weeks. Where else are you going to see that opportunity for as long as you're living?

Yeah I agree. I said I would hold til March, only been a month and I’m sweating already! So hard not to give into such a big gain. I’m gonna hold and if it doesn’t pay off them so be it!

Comment

Well I decided to sell Stellar, went like this:

Transferred it from Nano to Bittrex - quick and flawless (don't forget memo text!)
        Sold on Bittrex for BTC
        Bought LTC with the BTC
        Send LTC to Uphold
        Cashed out entire original (5 figure) FIAT investment from Uphold - waiting for SEPA transfer

Still got about £35k in the game assuming SC coins turn up somewhere sometime and hopefully don't get dumped too badly.

Bought some ADA, Feathercoin and Firstblood - recommended by Alan Masters

Maybe I will regret not Hodling Stellar and if it shoots up I'll kick myself but I can always get back in later. Now my original FIAT stake is cashed out I can concentrate on an accumulation/partial cash out strategy - probably something along the lines of closed out trade profits going:

50% - coin accumulation (adding)
        25% - short term P&D
        25% - cash out.

Let's see how that plays out from here
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Well I decided to sell Stellar, went like this:

Transferred it from Nano to Bittrex - quick and flawless (don't forget memo text!)
          Sold on Bittrex for BTC
          Bought LTC with the BTC
          Send LTC to Uphold
          Cashed out entire original (5 figure) FIAT investment from Uphold - waiting for SEPA transfer

Still got about £35k in the game assuming SC coins turn up somewhere sometime and hopefully don't get dumped too badly.

Bought some ADA, Feathercoin and Firstblood - recommended by Alan Masters

Maybe I will regret not Hodling Stellar and if it shoots up I'll kick myself but I can always get back in later. Now my original FIAT stake is cashed out I can concentrate on an accumulation/partial cash out strategy - probably something along the lines of closed out trade profits going:

50% - coin accumulation (adding)
          25% - short term P&D
          25% - cash out.

Let's see how that plays out from here
          Sold my stellar as well...and half my ripple.
          put it into SC, DNT and RDD (bit of a punt that one).
          Most I have of anything now is 0.2BTC in ETC but I was holding that thinking it would go onto coinbase so may half that and find another punt.
          Now HODLing about 18 different coins from 0.04BTC to 0.2BTC must be able to hit a winner from that lot.
          Oh...also remembered I had some spare BTC on binance so put that into BCPT. Was doing well (50% up earlier) but I think it may have dropped back down a bit now
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Any exchanges still accepting registrations?

Comment

might be worth trying bittrex...the performance of the site has massively improved since yesterday so they may have sorted their issues
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
                Yeah I agree. I said I would hold til March, only been a month and I’m sweating already! So hard not to give into such a big gain. I’m gonna hold and if it doesn’t pay off them so be it!
                yup - just hold - hard fork at the end of the month should see a vast improvement in the wallet transactions.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Just reviewing my position on ETC.. thought I'd share me thoughts... it is one of the strongest keepers out there. Two easy to see H&S, and now we have a huge cup forming. Recognise the similar H&S as it was with Stellar? That's why I called BS on Stellar for the time being. (Although the current Stellar peak could just be the left shoulder!) But I do hope I can get back in in the months to come.

Anyway, using the cup and handle idea there is a potential return of 600% before the end of May with ETC. It's a strong project compared to most and changes are easily implemented. Also the coin base rumours just don't go away. Would not surprise me to see ETC land between $200-300 by the summer.

There will be stronger trades out there this year. However if you're wanting something safe and you think you can hold for six months then go for ETC.

Last edited by scooterscot; 7 January 2018, 10:31.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Just reviewing my position on ETC.. <snip>
                    Scoots I'm thinking of putting in £5k for the next 6 months or so. A gamble is how I see this - I want to put into a spread of 5 coins that could experience the kind of growth XLM, TRX and DENT have done for example.

What coins do you think are worth looking into for this kind of gamble? (and I call it a gamble rather than an investment because I completely realise that nothing is a guarantee here).

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                      Go one DOGE....get to 100...please
                      98, 99........

Comment

Working...
                      X