• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    Sure is. That top one only has a trade volume of a couple of thousand dollars and it's shot up
    There are coins with a market cap of over $1Bn that are moving as much as 100% in 24 hours.

https://coinranking.com/?sorton=market-cap

Comment

Anyone on here actively researching ICOs with a view to buying some coin?
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Glad I kept hold of my siacoin!

How high can this coin go??

Comment

Bought some MTL at 70000 sats, down 35% at the moment... hoping that it will pick up very soon. Same with TenX, these payment card coins seem to be getting hit right now

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
            Glad I kept hold of my siacoin!

How high can this coin go??
            Wait until it completes the cup around 755 sats. I tried to do this with Stellar and it shot past the cup to 1400 sats then 40,000 sats! So I've no idea!!!

Remember Stellar was 2-3c a pop 8 weeks ago before jumping to 80c. Perhaps it's Siacoin's turn. If that happens I'm going to set up a new Blue Peter chart like thingy for reaching 8 figures in 2018

Siacoin was one of my early buys, purely on the project/idea. It has the means to turn cloud storage market upside down. They just need more time on the technical front.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

My SC are still stuck in limbo after trying to move them off bittrex...

Less limbo more Lambo!
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
                Bought some MTL at 70000 sats, down 35% at the moment... hoping that it will pick up very soon. Same with TenX, these payment card coins seem to be getting hit right now
                There was some news yesterday that might have hit these coins:

Visa locks down prepaid cryptocurrency cards, hitting bitcoin and ethereum users | The Independent

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Wait until it completes the cup around 755 sats. I tried to do this with Stellar and it shot past the cup to 1400 sats then 40,000 sats! So I've no idea!!!

Remember Stellar was 2-3c a pop 8 weeks ago before jumping to 80c. Perhaps it's Siacoin's turn. If that happens I'm going to set up a new Blue Peter chart like thingy for reaching 8 figures in 2018

Siacoin was one of my early buys, purely on the project/idea. It has the means to turn cloud storage market upside down. They just need more time on the technical front.
                  Is Sia still a buy right now, for those of us who don't have any at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                    Sure is. That top one only has a trade volume of a couple of thousand dollars and it's shot up
                    Wash trading to try to suck others into a price surge?

Things like that are inevitable in an unregulated market. Who really knows why some of the alt coins are surging with no real news to back their rise up. Makes for interesting and very profitable times if you can get in before or at the start of a surge, and out again before the demand falls off.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by merseygrit View Post
                      I'm new to this and I'm trying to get started on to Bitshare exchange...
                      I've been reading up on the Bitshares exchange this morning as the decentralised nature appeals.

Unfortunately looks like to trade in coins not native to their bitshare blockchain (i.e. BTS or their smartcurrency such as bitGBP) you need to use one of their partners such as OpenLedger that do offer the other cryptos.

The problem is that for them (OpenLedger et al) to be able to do that they are centralised, so have their own wallets for the respective blockchains for the other cryptos and convert them to IOUs in the form of OPEN.xxx (e.g. OPEN.BTC if you wanted to get some bitcoin via OpenLedger).

So you have to trust Openledger to be able to convert back to real crypto (or fiat) from their OPEN.xxx version when wanting to move out. Therefore a centralised single point of failure if anything happens.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X