• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Where's your white paper?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Bittrex removed Bitshares from the exchange a few months ago because it was a conflict of interest, i.e. an exchange on a exchange. Or rather Bittrex was threatened by them. Everyone thought the price would crash when in fact it has gone in the opposite direction.

Compared to Bittrex trading on the Bitshare platform is almost without fees.
      Sure I had some bitshares on bittrex.... Forgot about them - what would have happened to them?

Ahhh - current value $6.18
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Either you've lost them or they're in your exchange wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          I just wanted to announce that I will be starting a new currency called Cryptobollox.
          ICO wise you are good to go.

"Product, then ICO
          many of today's projects collect money – often millions of dollars – before they have a product.
          And FunFair founder and CEO Jez San Obe had strong words about issuers that do it differently.
          "You should have a product before you ICO, you should know how to run a company, you shouldn't have an anonymous team and you should release a prototype first"
          https://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-icos-youre-wrong/

Comment

Just read an interesting article on Ripple and XRP

While XRP investors might be charmed by the thought of holding a cryptocurrency that one day a large swath of the banking system may use, the vast majority of Ripple's banking clients are using the company's xCurrent product – a glorified messaging platform.
            Laid out to CoinDesk during the company's inaugural Swell conference in Toronto in October, Ripple's main product doesn't involve its XRP token at all.

Onstage during the event, a number of banks using xCurrent asserted that they would not be using XRP anytime soon, contrary to what XRP investors might be banking on today.

And xCurrent is the platform American Express is using. In mid-November, Amex announced that it had partnered with Ripple to connect Amex customers in the U.S. using U.S. dollars to Santander bank accounts in the U.K. using British pounds.
            Think I might dump my XRP today which will free up a decent chunk of cheddar for other hodlers I'm not in and some short term whale watching...
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Just read an interesting article on Ripple and XRP

Think I might dump my XRP today which will free up a decent chunk of cheddar for other hodlers I'm not in and some short term whale watching...
              XRP is fairly depressed at the moment...other than that I can agree.
              Might be best to retain some 'just in case'
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Yup XRP is the token that gives cheaper transfer fees over the Ripple network that the banks/institutions are using, but it's only a relatively small saving over using traditional fiat instead of XRP for the fee payment.

The main reason to exist so far for XRP was that new sign ups to the Ripple network had to purchase a certain amount of XRP as an entrance fee. The intention was that XRP would remain a token of low value to facilitate the transfers, hence them holding back so much of it so they can control the value. Also heard they were buying the XRP tokens back to keep the price relatively stable.

All that was before the recent mad gains where maybe they see the $$$ signs and are not sticking to their objectives for the sake of a quck buck. Though when that buck is in billions can't really blame them.

That's my understanding anyway.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  Yup XRP is the token that gives cheaper transfer fees over the Ripple network that the banks/institutions are using, but it's only a relatively small saving over using traditional fiat instead of XRP for the fee payment.

The main reason to exist so far for XRP was that new sign ups to the Ripple network had to purchase a certain amount of XRP as an entrance fee. The intention was that XRP would remain a token of low value to facilitate the transfers, hence them holding back so much of it so they can control the value. Also heard they were buying the XRP tokens back to keep the price relatively stable.

All that was before the recent mad gains where maybe they see the $$$ signs and are not sticking to their objectives for the sake of a quck buck. Though when that buck is in billions can't really blame them.

That's my understanding anyway.
                  I think you may be right - if it is to become an actual usable transaction mechanism used by established banks etc they will not want it going 'to da moon'...

I wander what price ceiling they have in mind and where it is in relation to it right now.

Fer that reason - Ahm oot!
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

So Stellar.... has gone interstellar.

Honestly people if you're holding this coin it might be time to take profits and unload your position. 2600% in 8 weeks is insane.

I've been here before at the end of July and nothing but regret for not shorting/selling.

It's time to sell.
                    Down 200 sats - hope you managed to take some profits.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I think this year will be the year of decentralised exchanges like Bitshares, which is rather easy to set up, no ID required to acquire (just like taking cash).
                      Are any of you 'old guard' using these decentralised exchanges, even if only partially?

If not, is it more than the possible lack of liquidity in the trading that is putting you off?

Seems a good option once up to speed on how it all works. I need to do more reading but I see that bitshares doesn't allow deposit from fiat only crypto (so still have hassle of getting a crypto from elsewhere first), yet openledger appears to offer fiat deposit/withdrawal.

I suppose as openledger uses the same bitshares blockchain they've just added some additional features or 'better' UI to give it some form of differential.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X