• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    And this also: The Truth about Ripple (well, someone's version of the truth!)
    The 60% that is not in circulation is scary. By comparison I think around 20% of Stellar is not in circulation and even then it is not really accessible to the company, unlike Ripple.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah, I thunk I'll sell my ripple and stay out of it.

Comment

There's a lot of anger from some people in the cyptocurrency workspace. Mention you've got some money in XRP and you get hounded on by the BTC brigade wanting to lecture you in why BTC is the only end solution

Comment

Originally posted by Murder1 View Post
          There's a lot of anger from some people in the cyptocurrency workspace. Mention you've got some money in XRP and you get hounded on by the BTC brigade wanting to lecture you in why BTC is the only end solution
          It does seem to be 'the establishment's' answer to crypto along with Bitcoin futures and institutional whales all over the space. Listening to the interview with the Ripple guy and hearing him talk about their interledger connecting blockchains and how we need fewer usable interconnected coins/tokens not thousands of them gives an idea of what they have in mind.

I've got some XRP which is doing very well - it's starting to feel a bit like dirty money though...

I'm concerned about BCH - when I got out of BTC I put a 60/40 split of BTC holdings into BCH/LTC - the 40% of LTC is doing better than the 60% of BCH. Bit of a short term view I know but I'm wondering what the near future holds for BCH.
          Last edited by Jog On; 5 January 2018, 08:58.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

lots of dips yesterday.
            Looks like XRP is at the end of a cup and handle now though...here's hoping
            Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
              And this also: The Truth about Ripple (well, someone's version of the truth!)
              Interesting.... I can see their point and its not ideal that one company has so much control.

It puts me off putting too much into ripple in case they ever feel the need to dump their 60% into the market BUT at the end of the day if its going to make money I don't care for now.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                lots of dips yesterday.
                Looks like XRP is at the end of a cup and handle now though...here's hoping
                should both end of the cup not be equal in height? Unless it's a mega pump on the cards...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  I've got some XRP which is doing very well - it's starting to feel a bit like dirty money though...
                  Was part of the reason I emptied my XRP for Stellar... and also I prefer decentralised exchanges, XRP is really centralised when you think about it. Controlled by a single group.

ETC coinbase listing still doing the rumour mill... but when.

Bought a wod of bitshares around 8c some months ago, now almost $1 - insane. Rumour is this coin will continue mooning.

Comment

Coinbase not adding Ripple XRP, or any other new coin/token for now, citing their previously released criteria for reasons not to.

So no flood gates for XRP and may explain some of the current pull back.

We need simpler access for Joe Public around the world, to keep the momentum going, or no new mad gains.

I've never had faith in the underlying tech of the current favourites, so holding any of them longer term (months rather than days) seems a bigger gamble when all the current profits have been through recent pumping of one form or another.

What's likely to change anytime soon unless simpler better ways of getting involved come online, to suck in all the money that is being frustrated by the current poor exchanges and over complex routes?

Seems a day trading approach is the only sensible one for now. Traditionally that's been the most risky.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

something I'm struggling to understand at the moment...
                      When BTC goes down it tends to take the other alts with it and they also dip.
                      When BTC goes up (as it is right now) all the alts take a dip. Am I reading this correctly?
                      What am I missing? is it the $ value of the alts is staying the same but the relative value to BTC is dropping?

Scooter...cup and handle. yes you're right. but there seem to be plenty of cases where the shapes can have the same effect when they are relative to the current trend line (i.e. tilt your screen to make the trend line horizontal)
                      Just me trying to make sense of the graphs
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X