• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Nah, I can't be bothered with all the hoops to jump through (registering, if they'll accept new registrations currently, authenticating identity, buying tulipcoin to transfer to coin/solution really interested in, faffing about with wallets or worrying about which exchange is reliable/stable/honourable to not lose the coins, and pay out in £s, ...) to try to make a quick million or two.

Going to keep an eye on the long term potential winners, so even though I'll likely miss the quick killings the long term potential is still worth investing in.
    Sign up with Coinbase/GDAX. Then buy some of the established coins like ETH, Ripple, Stellar, Litecoin and a bit of Bitcoin. Get a hardware wallet (Ledger nano S) and just hodl them for a year and see what happens.

That's what I would do if I was starting now. Most of my crypto (75%) is on a Nano wallet in Stellar/Ripple/Litecoin/Dash/Bitcoin cash. The bittrex/alt stuff is fun but you can probably do very well just hodling some majors - or just buy BTC and ETH and leave it. There is a lot of growth in Stellar and Ripple though - they are looking like serious contenders.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

BTC is recovering - almost considering taking a little profit... **** it HODL

Comment

Long Island Iced Tea wants to be a blockchain company - Dec. 21, 2017

Bitcoin mania has reached a new level of insanity.

A publicly traded company named Long Island Iced Tea Corp. (LTEA) -- which as the moniker implies is based on Long Island and makes iced tea -- is changing its name to Long Blockchain Corp. and wants to buy some firms in the cryptocurrency business.

The stock surged nearly 200% on the news.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          You can keep them on Bittrex. However if you're holding for many months you might want to consider moving them to a wallet. Move a small amount at first to test address etc.

You can get a Zencash wallet from here for different OS's, https://github.com/ZencashOfficial/z...et-ui/releases

You want a tip? Ripple and American Express are doing business together. Word is this coin will hit $2 in the next 6 months.

https://twitter.com/coindesk/status/931145355818946560

Congratulations to those that took the advice - hope you're taking profits...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            Anyone in Siacoin (SA)?

It's doing OK but I decided to move the coins off Bittrex to a wallet and it's been a pretty horrendous experience.

The wallet needs to synchronize the SA blockchain (about 10 gig but took a few days of leaving it open). The Bittrex wallet is several blocks behind so my withdrawal is now 'out there somewhere' while BIttrex work with the SA devs to get their wallet synced (not just me with the issue). Bittrex is one of the better exchanges in this regard.

As far as coins go this one is extremely clunky to use - if I wanted to cash it out in a hurry that would be a problem. That's if they even arrive...

Fundamentally the general community is quite bullish on this coin and the business idea behind it (blockchain P2P cloud storage like Amazon AWS/MS Azure) which is up and running.

But if you're trading it - right now you're better off keeping your coins on the Exchange unless you intend to Hodl for a while.
            Yeah I heard there are big wallet issues, even my SC wallet on Bittrex is down. I have a couple hundred dollars worth and will hold until around 450 sats and 600 sats, should get there, bought in at 61 sats so not too shabby

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
              I think the advantage of the lack of a central bank was supposed to be to do with making it a non-inflationary currency.

The fact that a pound loses 2%-3% of its value each year seems less of a worry to me than that bitcoin quite conceivably could lose almost all its value in a matter of hours/days.
              If you live in the UK then yes. If you live in Venezuela, Zimbabwe, etc. Etc. Then a non-inflationary currency has value.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                TRON (TRX) doubled since that post.

I am now out but have regrets already. I didn't have the balls to hold and was hoping for a retrace before jumping back in. Lesson learned.
                Had I held my stellar I'd have multiple millions! Sold all at $0.32 and am happy. Holding is tough.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Anyone in Siacoin (SA)?

It's doing OK but I decided to move the coins off Bittrex to a wallet and it's been a pretty horrendous experience.

The wallet needs to synchronize the SA blockchain (about 10 gig but took a few days of leaving it open). The Bittrex wallet is several blocks behind so my withdrawal is now 'out there somewhere' while BIttrex work with the SA devs to get their wallet synced (not just me with the issue). Bittrex is one of the better exchanges in this regard.

As far as coins go this one is extremely clunky to use - if I wanted to cash it out in a hurry that would be a problem. That's if they even arrive...

Fundamentally the general community is quite bullish on this coin and the business idea behind it (blockchain P2P cloud storage like Amazon AWS/MS Azure) which is up and running.

But if you're trading it - right now you're better off keeping your coins on the Exchange unless you intend to Hodl for a while.
                  yup, bought several million a while back...

a new update/fork to the blockchain is in the post this coming month I think, hold!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    yup, bought several million a while back...

a new update/fork to the blockchain is in the post this coming month I think, hold!!!
                    Interesting, where did you hear that?

Comment

I see Bittrex aren't accepting new registrations

Comment

Working...
                      X