• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some bargains to be had today if there was any money to invest that is
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
      Ripple still took a big hit, it was up something like 60% before bitcoin started to crash.
      Aah ok - I just saw coinmarketcap with XRP as one of the only 3 ans instantly thought CONSPIRACY!1!11.

Been watching too many videos about 'the establishment' taking control of crypto by making BCH the new BTC. I'd probably do better spending the time watching vids and learning about the lightning network and hashgraph while just hodling my coins.

Need to start digging in and really understanding the tech here, which as a BA with infrastrucure background is a bit of a challenge as my development experience is limited to a bit of HTML/MySQL/PHP (Wordpress) with a smattering of Windows scripting.

I think the mid/long term key to success with this is being in a position to read a white paper for a coin and be able to spot if a coin has potential both technically and business wise. Being self-sufficient in investment decision making.

Although we may be seeing the top contenders already. For example I don't understand why DASH is so successful, just that it is - what makes Stellar such a good bet? Which of all the other 'me-too' coins have potential to displace them and why?

Right now it's just case of finding very cheap coins and hodling them until it's their turn get pumped and getting out before the dump (limit orders to take profit).
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        Apparently some big news due tomorrow that will take the price down further.

Just what I'm hearing, so don't shoot the messenger.

From what I've heard the CME markets in Chicago were responsible this time round. Something to do with the processing time and bitcoins could not be converted to cash fast enough and bandwidth problems began.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Was a complete fluke, but sold half of my ETC last night before the correction into dollars with a buy back in around $28, although it's gone lower still, I'm well chuffed, increased my coinage by almost a 1/3.

This is the game to play, coin accumulation.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Ordered a bitcoin debit card through uquid a few days ago. Arrived today, didnt think id get it until next year.

The UI on there is tulipe, but decided to try that as you can top up with loads of different coins. I'd rather use something faster and cheaper than BTC to top it up.

Comment

Ordered a bitcoin debit card through uquid a few days ago. Arrived today, didnt think id get it until next year.
              Which one did you go for?

Comment

The UI on there is tulipe, but decided to try that as you can top up with loads of different coins. I'd rather use something faster and cheaper than BTC to top it up.
                https://uquid.com/

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  From what I've heard the CME markets in Chicago were responsible this time round. Something to do with the processing time and bitcoins could not be converted to cash fast enough and bandwidth problems began.
                  That will be a shame if they've now got ability to manipulate the price.

It's looking like it (BTC) might be recovering but I wonder what might happen at 16000ish, possible new resistance level. Also it's now trading below the 20/50 moving averages so could be a trending down for a bit. I've published my take on it here.
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Just had a look at IG Markets CFDs to trade BTC or ETH on margin.

You need a fair bit of margin but the spreads aren't bad. Could be one option for outright shorting these 2 coins.

Comment

let's see what happens at US market open

Milan

Comment

Working...
                      X