• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    So you lost 40K - that would upset me a lot.
    Only play with what your can afford to loose.

Leave emotions at the door.

Hold for the long term, you're buying into an idea - remember?

Oh, and leave emotion at the door!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

How did any one lose anything? Markets are nuts... I can see most are down but they were waaay up.

BTC = $2700 (was $1400 a week ago)
      LTC = $33 (was 21 last week)
      ETH = $207 (was 86 a few days ago)
      XMR = $48 (was 25 last week)
      XRP = Ripple went down sure but not enough if you got it at 0.1 or sub (non mineable but Banks have a huge chuck of it)
      SC = Sia Coins yeah OK slightly down but its still new and can be mined for now.
      XLM = Stellar is down but it will have a huge dump due to new coins being poured into the fold, also lots of giveaway coins for people with Bitcoins (non mineable)

This whole thing feel so nuts, it really does look like you gotta diversify. I said it before, this to me feels like a Ponzi scheme. No one in their right mind would use coins for what was meant to do. Who has Bitcoins and would be nuts to buys tulip with it? Last week you would by a Surface Pro, now you can buy 2 with the same amount.

"... a scheme in which money contributed by later investors generates artificially high returns for original investors. Money from the new investors is used directly to repay or pay interest to earlier investors, usually without any operation or revenue producing activity other than continual raising of new funds".

If the current crypto market doesn't look like a Ponzi call me an idiot. Also wondering how much of this inflated money is in terrorist's hands... unregulated doesn't necessary mean better. If there were no laws, everyone would kill each other like the wild west. Don't know what to say...

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
        XLM = Stellar is down but it will have a huge dump due to new coins being poured into the fold, also lots of giveaway coins for people with Bitcoins (non mineable)
        Why do you believe there will be a huge dump? I'm not dumping.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Why do you believe there will be a huge dump? I'm not dumping.

Stellar will be dumbing more coins into the market hence the price fall:

https://www.stellar.org/blog/bitcoin-claim-lumens-2/

Right now the other coins go up because it is harder to mine hence the demand/supply... with Stellar is not quite the same. Might be a good time to buy more, wait a little see what happens in July, buy more then. Can't really afford to buy any of the other coins due to huge spike. I am fully authorized on Kraken now, can handle around $20k worth in transfers, will see if I can buy something.

Missed the Ether train, that ****er is running like it has hot sauce in its pants... Bitcoin too... went up by $400 since yesterday.

P.S. I will PM you with my Stellar wallet, had it verified and this one is OK) you can dump a few in there if still willing. I am going to set up my pcs to mine some Sia Coins for now, maybe buy some at a later date.
          Last edited by Drei; 25 May 2017, 11:06.

Comment

Stellar will be dumbing more coins into the market hence the price fall:

https://www.stellar.org/blog/bitcoin-claim-lumens-2/

Right now the other coins go up because it is harder o mine hence the demand/supply... with Stellar is not quite the same.

I'm very well aware of that. But why do you think the price will fall? Right now the price of the coin is near identical to Ripple, except from the pump of two weeks ago.

1) This is not the first distribution they've done. Look at last year, similar period, look at the price recovery.

2) You've got to be a BC holder to claim. Even holding 10 bitcoins only gets you only about $200. Do you think every BC holder is going to sell their claimed XLM tokens? When they are sitting on $20k?

3) Stellar were never mineable in the first place and shall never be possible.

4) After the distribution 95% of all coins will be in the wild compared to the Ripples 44%.

5) Considering point number 4, why do you think banks would want to partner with a centralised currency?

Man alive you've got to do the research. Please don't bet you cash on speculation. Research research research.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

5) Considering point number 4, why do you think banks would want to partner with a centralised currency?

Man alive you've got to do the research. Please don't bet you cash on speculation. Research research research.

Maybe I read too much and getting confused. with Ripple my understanding is that the Banks own the majority of it as they are using it as tokens for money transfers.

In regards to doing research... well I doubt any amount of research would help you understand the recent price hikes. As I said, none of the high priced cyrtocurrencies are being used as they were intended to be. If I look at data I would say Bitcoin is not worth investing in, slow transaction, long wait times. Blockchain sure but now the way it is being manipulated right now.

I would like to see some statistics on Bitcoin usage for paying for good or services. Right now the only people that would benefit for Bitcoins payments are the ones receiving it not the ones paying with it. They are the ones losing out, the depreciation and value you got is incredible, much worse than the worst inflation ever with real money. Would have been nice to get paid 4 Bitcoins a week on my contract last month. Imagine if you had £1000 in your bank and tomorrow becomes £900 the next day £600 until it is £1 and eventually non existent.

How can anything go up in value by %2000???

Scoot you are not using your crypto to do anything but make money correct? I guess my point is proven. I might as well plant money in the ground and grow a money tree. You guys do realize that this money has to come from somewhere so that you can enjoy the %2000 profit? People keep talking big that crypto is to combat the control that FIAT money has yet the only means of comparison is FIAT money... I challenge you do define a Bitcoins value without FIAT Money.

Comment

How did any one lose anything? Markets are nuts... I can see most are down but they were waaay up.

BTC = $2700 (was $1400 a week ago)
                LTC = $33 (was 21 last week)
                ETH = $207 (was 86 a few days ago)
                XMR = $48 (was 25 last week)
                XRP = Ripple went down sure but not enough if you got it at 0.1 or sub (non mineable but Banks have a huge chuck of it)
                SC = Sia Coins yeah OK slightly down but its still new and can be mined for now.

This whole thing feel so nuts, it really does look like you gotta diversify. I said it before, this to me feels like a Ponzi scheme. No one in their right mind would use coins for what was meant to do. Who has Bitcoins and would be nuts to buys tulip with it? Last week you would by a Surface Pro, now you can buy 2 with the same amount.

"... a scheme in which money contributed by later investors generates artificially high returns for original investors. Money from the new investors is used directly to repay or pay interest to earlier investors, usually without any operation or revenue producing activity other than continual raising of new funds".

If the current crypto market doesn't look like a Ponzi call me an idiot. Also wondering how much of this inflated money is in terrorist's hands... unregulated doesn't necessary mean better. If there were no laws, everyone would kill each other like the wild west. Don't know what to say...
                Bought a day or so ago - just before they all went down a bit.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Bought a day or so ago - just before they all went down a bit.

Did you use an exchange?

Comment

Maybe I read too much and getting confused. with Ripple my understanding is that the Banks own the majority of it as they are using it as tokens for money transfers..
                    Not true.

The banks are using the Ripple protocol and nothing else. The banks will not use the tokens to transfer money. It says so on the Ripple website. Some banks are storing money on Ripple to hold wealth, but that's it. All those people buying Ripple believing they've got something the banks want in years to come...

In regards to doing research... well I doubt any amount of research would help you understand the recent price hikes..
                    Din't you see the signs?!

Peach becomes first Japanese airline to accept bitcoin

Japan Legalization a Gamechanger For Bitcoin

Scoot you are not using your crypto to do anything but make money correct? I guess my point is proven. I might as well plant money in the ground and grow a money tree. You guys do realize that this money has to come from somewhere so that you can enjoy the %2000 profit? People keep talking big that crypto is to combat the control that FIAT money has yet the only means of comparison is FIAT money... I challenge you do define a Bitcoins value without FIAT Money.
                    Challenge accepted. Supply and demand. Next...

Just like gold there's a finite supply of these things. For as long as that is the case and a 'use case' for them grows, as it is in Japan, their value will increase.

Comment

I want my bank to store my money in ACID compliant database

Comment

Working...
                      X