• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are people who are investing in cryptocurrency doing it privately or through their Ltd Co?
    Alternatively has anyone setup an SPV solely to invest maybe not only in cyptocurrency but in general?

Comment

Rest all my corp tax in crypto until it's due. So much win.

You can do anything you want with the profits of your company. Will HMRC will recognise your losses? Either way seems like a hell of risk.

Invest only what you can afford to loose. Test the idea you're happy to loose a dividend that you might normally give yourself. If so invest it. If not stay away from the crypto.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Rest all my corp tax in crypto until it's due. So much win.

You can do anything you want with the profits of your company. Will HMRC will recognise your losses? Either way seems like a hell of risk.

Invest only what you can afford to loose. Test the idea you're happy to loose a dividend that you might normally give yourself. If so invest it. If not stay away from the crypto.
        It's time to introduce the Oude Joris Cryptomax contractor payment vehicle. All contractor fees are paid into a Dutch Antilles investment trust. For example, your £12,000 invoice payment will go into the investment trust. This trust then sells to a contractor payment / loan trust (for a small fee) two options: to buy and sell a single named cryptocurrency, to take advantage of any appreciation or depreciation, which will ultimately, with appropriate gearing, reduce the repayment value of the loan to the contractor. The rest of the scheme is proprietary information but it is 100% compliant.

The Oude Joris Max 120 scheme is of course still available to risk avers clients who wish to avail of a straightforward 120% return on contract value.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
          Had my first detailed look from the sidelines at a recent ICO - not EOS, not saying which one.
          The frenzy, buzz and panic buying around it was astounding, people clamoring to buy like a Christmas sale at Selfridges with huge disappointment/anger when they missed out (due to the website crashing etc.). Reminded me a little of the tech IPOs of old - but magnified 100 fold, on steroids.

Can't fail to see how the coin will go like gangbusters when exchange listed (1000% gain in a year - haha, we laugh at such piffling returns). May take a position when I can easily exchange for BTC.
          Gazooks !
          Now I know why the frenzy - from initial ICO price a few weeks ago the token is now up
          1300%

Once things get really moving I 'predict' (guess) probably another 2000% in the next 6 months
          £1000 'invested' could be worth £20000 'in wallet' by Easter.
          Last edited by SunnyInHades; 15 November 2017, 13:16.

Comment

I am seriously losing patience with bittrex. To log in on a web browser I've got 2 step authentication - whitelisted the IP - it shows up and every time I login it keeps telling me I need to whitelist it again and sending me the damn email instructions again.... Oh but this time I put in my 2 step authentication code at the web browser now...

Are they the only alt-coin wallet option or is there something less flakey?
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

I wouldn't use an online wallet. If they get hacked you lose your cash.
              Although if you have a lot of altcoins and with 10GB or more of blockchain for each coin it soon adds up to disk space.

I use Electrum for Bitcoins (all stored with me, no cloud) but no blockchain needed.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Just looking at Tradesatoshi - they are based in London...
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  I am seriously losing patience with bittrex. To log in on a web browser I've got 2 step authentication - whitelisted the IP - it shows up and every time I login it keeps telling me I need to whitelist it again and sending me the damn email instructions again.... Oh but this time I put in my 2 step authentication code at the web browser now...

If you think Bittrex is bad, wait until you try https://poloniex.com - their site nearly always goes down when there's a pump in price with outages lasting days leaving you no opportunity to sell. You'll throw the machine out the window. Some say the outages are deliberate by insiders.

I also use https://www.cryptopia.co.nz - good if you're trading small volumes as is https://liqui.io/Balances

Keeping in mind Bittrex is not an alt-coin wallet, it is an exchange. You put money on there and it is their money. Saying that, it is very quick to make trades. I'd also say watch out for the fees, not all alt-coins carry the same withdrawal fees, some are outrageous.

Personally I want 2FA, if someone hacks my account it's easy money.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    If you think Bittrex is bad, wait until you try https://poloniex.com - their site nearly always goes down when there's a pump in price with outages lasting days leaving you no opportunity to sell. You'll throw the machine out the window. Some say the outages are deliberate by insiders.

I also use https://www.cryptopia.co.nz - good if you're trading small volumes as is https://liqui.io/Balances

Keeping in mind Bittrex is not an alt-coin wallet, it is an exchange. You put money on there and it is their money. Saying that, it is very quick to make trades. I'd also say watch out for the fees, not all alt-coins carry the same withdrawal fees, some are outrageous.

Personally I want 2FA, if someone hacks my account it's easy money.
                    I want 2FA as well - as long as it works and I can actually log in. I'll look at the other ones. Re putting money on there - I'm assuming I can buy alt coin with bitcoin then transfer it to another wallet/offline when done?

Comment

14 Nov 2017 Bitcoin/Bitconnect reported hacker spree:

Craig Grant - $490K 'loss'
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86rNF44Kkbk&t=69s

Tanner J Fox - $200K 'loss'
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssnd1-btIWk

Genuine hackers ? Some believe 'reporting hacking' is a clever tax avoidance strategy.
                      Moral: If make a few quid keep a low profile under the radar !

If hacked some believe it could be replay attack:
                      "A replay attack (also known as playback attack) is a form of network attack in which a valid data transmission is maliciously or fraudulently repeated or delayed. This is carried out either by the originator or by an adversary who intercepts the data and re-transmits it, possibly as part of a masquerade attack by IP packet substitution."

Last edited by SunnyInHades; 15 November 2017, 16:03.

Comment

Working...
                      X