• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simple as that then?
    trying to work out what the value could get to for a similar market cap as say ETH
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      simple as that then?
      trying to work out what the value could get to for a similar market cap as say ETH
      ETH market cap / number of coins.

Or to look at it a different way - it will need to increase same multiplier as the 2 market caps. Stellar would need to go up to about $2.80.

Only a rough calculation though as it doesn't take into account new coins.

Comment

I spent a bit of time watching bitcoin's movements last night. The reason being I had sold back into dollars and wanted to buy back in at a lower price pretty quickly (not willing to risk the price shooting up overnight).
        Sell order after sell order after sell order. Far outstripping the number of buy orders.
        I've never seen anything try so hard to collapse and still not actually collapse. Beginning to think BTC might be unbeatable. can only be fuelled by greed. strange to see it happening
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

I spent a bit of time watching bitcoin's movements last night. The reason being I had sold back into dollars and wanted to buy back in at a lower price pretty quickly (not willing to risk the price shooting up overnight).
          Sell order after sell order after sell order. Far outstripping the number of buy orders.
          I've never seen anything try so hard to collapse and still not actually collapse. Beginning to think BTC might be unbeatable. can only be fuelled by greed. strange to see it happening
          I agree - its nuts. Seems unstoppable at the moment.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Fees

So I'm starting to get into some more alts. At the moment I'm buying BTC through blockchain.org then transferring it to Bittrex. Is their a cheaper way to get alts? The fees are pretty steep.

Comment

might be worth keeping an eye on BCC. DLavrov has indicated it could boost and it's currently 1/3 of the way through a $2m sell wall

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...cy-investments

Head of US financial regulator concerned by lack of protections saying there are ‘substantial risks of theft or loss, including from hacking’

Though the same warning is probably more valid for governments....

Comment

might be worth keeping an eye on BCC. DLavrov has indicated it could boost and it's currently 1/3 of the way through a $2m sell wall
                  2/3 of the way through

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...cy-investments

Head of US financial regulator concerned by lack of protections saying there are ‘substantial risks of theft or loss, including from hacking’

Though the same warning is probably more valid for governments....
                    But not bail ins... yet..
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                      But not bail ins... yet..
                      That will only happen if a bank loses money.....

Comment

Working...
                      X