• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any thoughts on getting in on ETH at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      A while ago you posted a link showing where the money goes when things are moving. If I remember rightly it was a list of %age change in volume over the last hour. I can't find that in the thread...could you repoint me to it please.
      I thought it was coinmarketcap but that only seems to show 24hr change by default
      Not sure this is what you want but lots of good info - https://onchainfx.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
        Not sure this is what you want but lots of good info - https://onchainfx.com/
        Similar but that's not the one. I could be wrong but I think it specifically had 1hr % volume change (I remember you saying you're not intrested in the 24hr as that's history)

recently I've been looking at 24hr volume in a morning to see what's bee getting the most attention and then seeing if I can see any bullish patterns forming when I look at the charts. That would eb more beneficial if I could see that 1hr % change compored to say the 12 and the 24hr timeframes
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Perfect head and shoulders - bitcoin going down!!

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
            Similar but that's not the one. I could be wrong but I think it specifically had 1hr % volume change (I remember you saying you're not intrested in the 24hr as that's history)

recently I've been looking at 24hr volume in a morning to see what's bee getting the most attention and then seeing if I can see any bullish patterns forming when I look at the charts. That would eb more beneficial if I could see that 1hr % change compored to say the 12 and the 24hr timeframes
            https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

Same site just click on view all.

Coinmarketcap I think though struggles (as would any) when the number of exchanges grow - especially with bitcoin - and price variations between them. So it picks the highest by default, which is a little misleading.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

Same site just click on view all.

Coinmarketcap I think though struggles (as would any) when the number of exchanges grow - especially with bitcoin - and price variations between them. So it picks the highest by default, which is a little misleading.
              Perfect...thank you
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Slight change of subject - bitcoin debit cards.

Any good?

How do they work? I assume you load up as you would a wallet but I understand you can then spend in sterling?

Must admit I wonder how much of a fee there is for this?
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Slight change of subject - bitcoin debit cards.

Any good?

How do they work? I assume you load up as you would a wallet but I understand you can then spend in sterling?

Must admit I wonder how much of a fee there is for this?
                  Here are the fees with my Bitstamp debit card - can use it anywhere in the EU, so far...

Some fees are a bit cheeky but otherwise no extortionate monthly account charge and I can buy a loaf of bread (fully tested) with money I've created out of thin air.

Last edited by scooterscot; 8 December 2017, 09:25.

Comment

Interesting note on Bittylicious spread.

About an hour ago it was £10k/£12.4k sell/buy - spread of £2.4k
                    now it's £10.5k/£11.9k sell/buy - spread of £1.4k

both of those a very large differences, but I'm even more surprised by the change over time.
                    It almost suggests that people are reducing their price to sell.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Perfect head and shoulders - bitcoin going down!!

So close to profit on this drop now....can almost taste it

Comment

Working...
                      X