• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to have a go on bittylicious. Seems easy to buy.

Then you'll notice the rate is in £ and then when you convert it to $ you realise its massively expensive to do it this way. Like up to 20% more.

Maybe not then.....

PErhaps its time to find a cashpoint. https://coinatmradar.com/
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      I was going to have a go on bittylicious. Seems easy to buy.

Then you'll notice the rate is in £ and then when you convert it to $ you realise its massively expensive to do it this way. Like up to 20% more.

Maybe not then.....

PErhaps its time to find a cashpoint. https://coinatmradar.com/
      Had a look at these just now, so for Bitcoin purchases you have to pay %4 to %13 fees when buying (we talking around £200 per purchase and you are also limited on how much you can spend, from £500 to £2000, so more transactions more fees), slightly less when selling, buy sell usually has over £200 difference. Looks like a better investment would be in installing a BTC ATM. Do nothing and get £200 a pop and Bitcoins which would give you bigger profit in the future.
      Last edited by Drei; 18 May 2017, 11:36.

Comment

The more I look into this the more it seems this will all end very badly.

I was watching user (traders') posts on Poloniex yesterday and some of them were complaining that they couldn't extract their funds back out.

Just went on and immediately saw these posts today:

heroes4486: Xoblort, my usdt withdraw has been 18 hours and still no confirm?

and another :
        AlbertAltcoin: lionardben211, Mine has been pending for over a month, they have a long queue

Not sure anyone should celebrate until you can get your funds out and into "real" or physical assets or just spend the damn money.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          I was watching user (traders') posts on Poloniex yesterday and some of them were complaining that they couldn't extract their funds back out.

Not sure anyone should celebrate until you can get your funds out and into "real" or physical assets or just spend the damn money.
          I don't trust Poloniex. There's something dodge about them. In fact I don't trust any US based exchange. Bitstamp I trust, but you must have access to a bank account that corporates with the exchange.

https://www.fidorbank.uk

And actually Nationwide building society works fine too...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
            Had a look at these just now, so for Bitcoin purchases you have to pay %4 to %13 fees when buying (we talking around £200 per purchase and you are also limited on how much you can spend, from £500 to £2000, so more transactions more fees), slightly less when selling, buy sell usually has over £200 difference. Looks like a better investment would be in installing a BTC ATM. Do nothing and get £200 a pop.
            The UK bitcoin exchanges are a rip off. I moaned to them once, I think it was coinbase or something. The reply was 'we have our overheads' - bye!

Seriously use bitsquare.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              The UK bitcoin exchanges are a rip off. I moaned to them once, I think it was coinbase or something. The reply was 'we have our overheads' - bye!

Seriously use bitsquare.
              Will BitSquare work with Nationwide?

I ask because I was using my NW debit card to try and buy on Coinbase and it never went through. Kept saying my bank had to authorize or something but never popped up with the Verified by Visa screen or anything else, i.e. it just hung.

Comment

The more I look into this the more it seems this will all end very badly.

Just went on and immediately saw these posts today:

heroes4486: Xoblort, my usdt withdraw has been 18 hours and still no confirm?

and another :
                AlbertAltcoin: lionardben211, Mine has been pending for over a month, they have a long queue

https://www.reddit.com/r/LitecoinMar..._the_poloniex/

Some people are talking about this stuff, they think that the site is also manipulating transactions for their own gain.

Also if you keep an eye on blockchain you can see that there are 200000 transactions which have not been confirmed, they are in the queue waiting:
                https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

I will give Bitsquare another go, as I said didn't get the chance and I think that my missus or I have a NW account so I can transfer some founds there and do the transfer.

Out of all currencies I am very interested in Litecoins, have been keeping a very close eye on it. Was down to $20 now going over $25. They may hit $50 and probably more in the next year. I really want to invest a little in it. Stellar and Ripple would be next as they are affordable. I am looking for long gain, I would never bother looking at the market once I invest. Maybe just to keep an eye when to get more.

No point doing day trade killing yourself, sure you can make profits when dips happen then buy more of the same currency with the same profit but... if I can stick £5k and get £50k in 2 years I am happy as a side thing. Obviously this depends on what you want to do.

Since this is about profit and money making I wonder how many private founds or big corps invest in cryptos. You do see some huge wallets worth billions.
                Last edited by Drei; 18 May 2017, 13:32.

Comment

Will BitSquare work with Nationwide?

I ask because I was using my NW debit card to try and buy on Coinbase and it never went through. Kept saying my bank had to authorize or something but never popped up with the Verified by Visa screen or anything else, i.e. it just hung.
                  The two are unrelated. Verified by visa is a visa thing, nothing to do with any of this.

1) Install and open Bitsquare

2) Enter you bank account details (for record only)

3) Accept an offer for bitcoin/GBP pair.

4) Transfer the money to the other individual. Don't worry their bitcoin is held in escrow before they can accept your offer.

As simple as it come.

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/r/LitecoinMar..._the_poloniex/

Some people are talking about this stuff, they think that the site is also manipulating transactions for their own gain.

Also if you keep an eye on blockchain you can see that there are 200000 transactions which have not been confirmed, they are in the queue waiting:
                    https://blockchain.info/unconfirmed-transactions

I will give Bitsquare another go, as I said didn't get the chance and I think that my missus or I have a NW account so I can transfer some founds there and do the transfer.
                    Bitsquare is a million times safer than Polo. Bitsqaure is peer to peer, no middlemen.

Don't believe what you read on redit.

Out of all currencies I am very interested in Litecoins, have been keeping a very close eye on it. Was down to $20 now going over $25. They may hit $50 and probably more in the next year. I really want to invest a little in it. Stellar and Ripple would be next as they are affordable. I am looking for long gain, I would never bother looking at the market once I invest. Maybe just to keep an eye when to get more.

No point doing day trade killing yourself, sure you can make profits when dips happen then buy more of the same currency with the same profit but... if I can stick £5k and get £50k in 2 years I am happy as a side thing. Obviously this depends on what you want to do.

Since this is about profit and money making I wonder how many private founds or big corps invest in cryptos. You do see some huge wallets worth billions.

Litecoin is interesting, bought in at $9... Just give it time. It offers the privacy of bitcoin and soon much faster payments with lower transactions fees.

Bitcoin has a backlog because:

1) More and more people are becoming aware of it.

2) Those same people are being out-bid with transaction fees. Works on a first come first serve basis. The blockchain will cancel the order if not actioned within 3-days.

Siacoin is one I'm watching with interest, bought a million of them yesterday. Siacoin is Dropbox without the data in one location. Also it is distributed over many machines (encrypted of course from source) with no single point of failure.

Check it out: Sia

Comment

Scoots have you actually tested getting £ back out of any of these transactions?

Comment

Working...
                      X