• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$9461.97

Yep, happening for sure. How low will it go before it goes back up??

I'm guessing £8960

Comment

Well made £15K on my pension fund in 3 months now using the bit coin tracker. Started off with £10K - took a but out etc. Currently, only £3K of my money is at risk and the pot is £18K

Gotta be a correction soon surely - its just too nuts. Sersiously considering cashing out at least my £3K.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Sold all my alts yesterday (not ETH or BCH - don't consider them alts) for a nice profit. I think they got hammered on BTC breaking out for another impulsive leg up, possibly on this news:

Bitcoin Surges Over $9,500 After Korea's 2nd Biggest Bank Tests Crypto Wallet For Customers | Zero Hedge

Bitcoin Surges Over $9,500 After Korea's 2nd Biggest Bank Tests Crypto Wallet For Customers
        Bought Lumens and NEO this morning for smallish positions on each representing about 10% of overall portfolio each. Rest is sitting pretty in BTC/ETH/BCH until next corrective move in BTC and subsequent impulse moves in alts - except Lumens and NEO which appear to be strong regardless of BTC surges - which is nice...
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

So I know Scoot has got tons in but how much the rest of you got?

Also profit so far?

And out of interest, profit withdrawn in spondoolies?
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Also profit so far?

£600 in 2014.
            Sold out for just over £10k in September.

Buying back in slowly in bits and pieces (what I did in 2014) and am at £500 now.

It's a speculative gamble so not going all-in. Something I may regret but will still have my house if it turns out to be a bubble that pops in December.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I'm in for 2k overall. The current USD value is about 3750 so not doing badly. had a couple of hits recently (bad choices which I won't be making again) so it should have been upwards of 4500 really. Not withdrawn anything
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Also profit so far?

I've put in 1720 so far, current value of holdings is about £2500. Few of my trades have been successful, so I'm 'down' compared to if I'd just kept it all in botcoin. I work out I'd have about £400 more if I'd done that. However, I'm still holding a number of coins that coud see big rises, if that happens I'm well up (assumin bitcoin value holds etc.).

Of those that I'm 'down' on, I'm probably up comparred to the GBP value at the time I bought them, although I haven't really tracked that, so not sure. I work out I'd have about £400 more had I jut bought and held BTC.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  It's a speculative gamble so not going all-in. Something I may regret but will still have my house if it turns out to be a bubble that pops in December.
                  This is exactly my thinking. I don't think anyone here is being stupid about it, just putting in what they can afford to lose. I don't want to look back at the biggest investment opportunity in my lifetime and think 'what if', but I'm not stupid enough to risk my house etc.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
                    This is exactly my thinking. I don't think anyone here is being stupid about it, just putting in what they can afford to lose. I don't want to look back at the biggest investment opportunity in my lifetime and think 'what if', but I'm not stupid enough to risk my house etc.
                    very sensible and just the way i thought about it.
                    BTW...looks like XLM is now in a symmetric triangle which suggests a price hike i the near future if any of the learning I've done recently has paid off. Missed the last 3 spikes due to not paying attention
                    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Also profit so far?

bought 4 BTC when it was ~£230 spent 3.5 BTC when it was ~£2k now hanging onto my .5 BTC for dear life

Comment

Working...
                      X