• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
    Fair play, that's very lucky. I hope you use this gain wisely. As others have mentioned, many people are caught into doing a Newton. Having viewed your posts over the years I suspect it is fair to say you similarly do not fully understand the alt-coin structure and have, essentially, been rather lucky with your gamble. I really am worried wallets will be lost over time and turning this into a cash gain will become ever harder.
    A couple of tips I've learnt - it's not all luck.

1) Do you research. My biggest winner was Stellar. Many people were put off by the CEO. Not me. The un-banked of the world is a serious issue. Folks from throughout Asia working in the UK and USA sending money back home using Western union or Swift, rip-off. I saw this I bought it. Now IBM are signed up with them.

2) Follow the bitcoin price if you're getting into alt's. It's not luck. Too many people obsess over the $ value. Bitcoin will keep it's strong bull run until the end of 2018.

If you understand blockchain you'd not worry about your wallet so much. Print off the key, lock it away somewhere safe. Why worry about your wallet on a machine somewhere?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If folks like, I can provide a buy signal on zencash.. when I receive it myself...
      Last edited by scooterscot; 9 November 2017, 10:11.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        If folks like I can provide a buy signal on zencash.. when I receive it myself...
        The fact that you want me to pay you via bitcoin to share some random report speaks volumes, dodgy as *****.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
          The fact that you want me to pay you via bitcoin to share some random report speaks volumes, dodgy as *****.
          I said donations gladly received. I never did ask for payment.

Comment

I said donations gladly received. I never did ask for payment.
            Quote : If it tanks by 50%, don't worry. Just ignore it. The team behind it are seriously impressive. If you want the report make me a bitcoin donation...

Thats what you sent me.

Comment

If folks like, I can provide a buy signal on zencash.. when I receive it myself...
              Am following it with interest.

Would appreciate a PM when you have a signal.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                Quote : If it tanks by 50%, don't worry. Just ignore it. The team behind it are seriously impressive. If you want the report make me a bitcoin donation...

Thats what you sent me.
                Send me some Karma... that'll do.

Comment

Any ideas are always well received here. Thanks
                  Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

It might be zencash drops below $20 before it gets wider attention. If that is too nerve racking then buy in now, it'll make good for the long run.

Comment

It might be zencash drops below $20 before it gets wider attention. If that is too nerve racking then buy in now, it'll make good for the long run.
                      Do you watch charts at all for these - or is typical trend/technical analysis not really applicable for alt-coins? I'd imagine it's all based on fundamentals.
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X