• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: This is going to be interesting vat on private school fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Nah, my ex is a teacher. I'd have heard about it if there was a sniff of this kind of thing going on. Most likely your old school is now an academy. They'll still employ the majority of the teaching staff but maybe a couple of them are directors or they have external directors who don't have teaching responsibilities.

you're right, leftie teachers have too high moral compasses to entertain putting their snouts in the trough when given the opportunity

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
      Bet you didn't mind detention
      Fingers on lips

Comment

Ah well, at least Corbyn will never be PM. Not unless the UK goes really loopy.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Ah well, at least Corbyn will never be PM. Not unless the UK goes really loopy.
          Anything can happen....
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Anything can happen....
            Yes, but just not that...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Yes, but just not that...
              Don't be so sure

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Corbyn is a total moron. I pay tax, which is partly used so children can get state education, however I send mine to private schools so the tax I pay is not used and can be used for someone else. If VAT is added I pay tax twice and many people won't be able to afford private education anymore so more children will go to state schools leading to even bigger problems.
                The gnome Corbyn should leave the country and go to his hezbollah friends

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Corbyn is a total moron. I pay tax, which is partly used so children can get state education, however I send mine to private schools so the tax I pay is not used and can be used for someone else. If VAT is added I pay tax twice and many people won't be able to afford private education anymore so more children will go to state schools leading to even bigger problems.
                  The gnome Corbyn should leave the country and go to his hezbollah friends
                  With a father like you, I doubt your kids will get a better education even if you send them to private schools.

The reason why we have poverty in this country and we have kids going hungry in schools is because of the Me Me Me attitude shown by a privileged few like you. Social mobility in our society has disappeared and the poor have no chance of raising their standard of living because rich IT contractors have become selfish and want to pay less or no tax and want to enjoy their ill gotten wealth while the over worked lower class struggle to make ends meet.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    With a father like you, I doubt your kids will get a better education even if you send them to private schools.

The reason why we have poverty in this country and we have kids going hungry in schools is because of the Me Me Me attitude shown by a privileged few like you. Social mobility in our society has disappeared and the poor have no chance of raising their standard of living because rich IT contractors have become selfish and want to pay less or no tax and want to enjoy their ill gotten wealth while the over worked lower class struggle to make ends meet.
                    The reason why you have poverty in this country is because the education system totally sucks. by only paying attention to the poorly performing pupils and not to the bright ones parents are forced to send their children to private and grammar schools. Many other countries do not have a private sector at all and are outperforming the Uk in education on all levels, basically because there are different streams of education for poor medium and high performing pupils, not forcing the same GCSE's on everybody

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                      So would it be sensible to put double VAT on the expensive élite public schools on the basis that the people who send their kids there will probably pay it anyway, providing more funding for the state school system? Or to give VAT exemptions to parents paying for private schools if their income is under a defined level?

Comment

Working...
                      X