• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK threatens Spain with war over gibraltar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
    Aleś kolego pojechał...

a) the UK is in NATO, so is Poland. As long as both countries are members of NATO, they are allies.
    b) the UK and Spain are members of NATO, see point a). Also, the UK and Spain have a long history of squabbling over that poxy rock, it's like a favourite argument between to guys who like to annoy each other ever time they both end up in the same pub. No monkeys will get hurt.
    c) re. aid to Poland... it's UK's money.
    d) re. waving money in your face... don't sell yourself cheap, make them pack it in a suitcase.
    e) keeping your houses here and living in Poland aka. arbitrage is not really "leaving".

It looks to me like the UK has given you something that Poland didn't, i.e. a ******* chance in life. Would you be able to afford "houses" in Poland?

I'm a foreigner too, and I too think I may have to leave, but only if the situation gets nasty to the point where I am really unwelcome here, or I am told by the Home Office to pack my bags and piss off back to where I came from. Or, if the economic situation gets so bad I cannot possibly survive here. I don't think we are there, yet.

If you want to show others what you think of Brexit then maybe you could learn a thing or two from these guys. You know, when life gives you lemons, make lemonade and sell it with a hefty markup. That's the British way, in case you haven't noticed.

It's your life and there's always another boat back home, if you don't like it here.
    Stay if you want. But don't tell me these events don't piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
      Brexit could turn Gibraltar in to the next Falklands, senior Conservatives suggest | The Independent

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...michael-fallon

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...mats-say-spain

Now remind me how many trade deals you want to make with your friends in europe? That might not be official stance but it definitely will be heard in the europe. PURE TOTAL MADNESS this BREXtulip is!

Thought threatening was the UK Gov strategy, we have already threatened to turn UK into a bargain basement corp tax whore house
      Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

I think your country needs to rethink their stance on immigration.
        Once i hear immigration bad, immigrants bad. Then that we need immigrants.
        Also not leaving europe where I constantly hear about "clean exit" severing any ties, sabre rattling at Spain doesn't really prove this point.

My dauther is British btw.
        Why because it inconveniences you?

We have a population growing so fast we can't build houses, roads or schools for them.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Why because it inconveniences you?

We have a population growing so fast we don't want to build houses, roads or schools for them.
          FTFY

House building was between 130-160k in the years after 2008 crash, 200k+ in the 80's,90's,00's and 300k+ in the 60's,70's

So the capability to build more homes is there, it's just not economical to build 300k homes, when you can build 150k and sell the for the same overall profit.

Comment

Stay if you want. But don't tell me these events don't piss you off.
            They do.

I would have preferred Britain to stay in the EU, but I believe it will do just fine in the end. It always has.
            You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
              FTFY

House building was between 130-160k in the years after 2008 crash, 200k+ in the 80's,90's,00's and 300k+ in the 60's,70's

So the capability to build more homes is there, it's just not economical to build 300k homes, when you can build 150k and sell the for the same overall profit.
              you know its a small island don't you?

Also we are borrowing significant amounts to keep the lights on.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                you know its a small island don't you?

Also we are borrowing significant amounts to keep the lights on.
                This excuse is as old, worn and false as it is convenient. Even in inner London there are large swathes of wasteland with nothing but weeds and bushes, so not exactly a green belt. Not even talking about repurposing farm land or green

The labour+material cost for a 2 bedroom flat is less than 100k, the other 200k+ go to line up the pockets of the councils and the large building companies, which are working in a cartel to stem the flow of new builds to milk the market. So heer is a thought - use some of the 50bn of the HS2 budget to build a couple of 100'000s homes, then sell them with 100% markup, return half the money back to the HS2 budget and use the other half to build another couple of 100'000s homes. But of course that would be too sensible and will wreck the GDP which artificially inflated by house price bubble.

Comment

This excuse is as old, worn and false as it is convenient. Even in inner London there are large swathes of wasteland with nothing but weeds and bushes, so not exactly a green belt. Not even talking about repurposing farm land or green

The labour+material cost for a 2 bedroom flat is less than 100k, the other 200k+ go to line up the pockets of the councils and the large building companies, which are working in a cartel to stem the flow of new builds to milk the market. So heer is a thought - use some of the 50bn of the HS2 budget to build a couple of 100'000s homes, then sell them with 100% markup, return half the money back to the HS2 budget and use the other half to build another couple of 100'000s homes. But of course that would be too sensible and will wreck the GDP which artificially inflated by house price bubble.
                  of course. I have a book on the illuminati if you want.

Comment

Presumably by weeds and bushes you mean parks?

Do you want the whole of the UK to look like Canary Wharf?

Perhaps you would also like to restrict humans to 4 feet high? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Get_%27Em_Out_by_Friday

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Presumably by weeds and bushes you mean parks?

Do you want the whole of the UK to look like Canary Wharf?
                      That would not be a bad thing as long as the essential facilities are there. Unfortunately, Britain is going to look like Bow, with dozens of high-rise blocks of flats and not a single cafe or restaurant, a couple of Tesco Express shops, one dry cleaner, one gym and a couple of tiny food shops for miles... if you live there you need to take 4-5 stops on the DLR to get to the nearest place (Canary Wharf or Stratford) where you can sit for coffee or a bite. It's a gulag with new studios being offered for 350K-450K, for a cage with a fold-out bed.
                      You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
                      X