• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Live from Polski Sklep. Some polish already planning return

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurrah for project fear unreal!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      What a useful exercise, because now that we have signed Article 50 English is bound to die out as the international language of commerce.
      Knowledge of English is fine when you want to argue which is better Python 3.x or Python 2.7, but it is not sufficient when you have to sit in meetings with local stakeholders and write stories based on that conversation.
      You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
        Knowledge of English is fine when you want to argue which is better Python 3.x or Python 2.7, but it is not sufficient when you have to sit in meetings with local stakeholders and write stories based on that conversation.
        I think you will find that most meetings that involve international companies that dabble in anything more complex than widget production will be conducted in English.
        Then again, I suspect you may never get to find this out.

"Write stories" LOL
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          its very sad if people feel unwelcome in the UK. However its not personal. Its just that the country is full.
          Yeah, yeah CUK is full too, I feel like a type of an alien virus in quarantine.

Comment

it dropped 20% you dumbass. I'ts been factored in price already that's why it didn't move. No wonder we've got brexit since such dumb people were allowed to vote on such complicated topic.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              I think you will find that most meetings that involve international companies that dabble in anything more complex than widget production will be conducted in English.
              Then again, I suspect you may never get to find this out.

"Write stories" LOL
              Ahh you never had the "fun" of entire departments in large companies and even an entire SMEs working in an "agile" way?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
                Wondering if /when the Poles + others schlapp off back to Europe what the savings to our overstretched Education & NHS would be?
                Probably not much as they will be replaced by elderly Brits schlapping off back to Blighty.
                You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by squarepeg View Post
                  Probably not much as they will be replaced by elderly Brits schlapping off back to Blighty.
                  Oh god what an unfair swap.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by diseasex View Post
                    it dropped 20% you dumbass......... it didn't move.
                    It dropped yet it didn't move..

I think you might want to revisit who is the dumbass.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

It's lower then yesterday

Comment

Working...
                      X