• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit DOOM™: Parts of UK that voted for Brexit may be hardest hit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Looks like mass uncontrolled immigration will continue after Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...y-eu-diplomats

Well if it is in the Grauniad then it is bound to be true.

Never mind Project Fear, the Bremoaners have moved on to Operation Desperation.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
      As I posted yesterday evening and have been saying for a while now:

"We will be EU members in all but name."

There will be a transitional deal, which will become the permanent deal after the government gets the mandate in 2020. The EU can move forwards with its integrationist plans without Britain holding it back. 'Freedom of movement' will be replaced with a cap on EU migrants so rediculously high that it makes no difference. Britain will trade. Britain will pay into EU institutions. It will be a worse deal than we have now, because we will miss out on all that EU political integration, we will have no say at the EU table (just like we have no say in the USA) but why would we?

The companies moving staff into the EU are doing it to reduce costs (e.g. cheaper Spanish labour) and using Brexit as the excuse.
      Agree with all but the last line. Companies moving staff to the EU are simply making contingency plans to access the much larger EU market in case the talks go tits up. Sensible business planning.
      Classic example is onetime-clientco - a mid sized, fast-growing, HEOR consultancy. The MD who is a mate from uni told me he's moving the whole company to Zug because (1) half his staff are EU anyway (2) he's scared about potential caps on skilled staff post brexit and (3) the Uk pharma market is much smaller than that of the Nordics, Germany And Switzerland.
      Last edited by sasguru; 28 March 2017, 09:30.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Well if it is in the Grauniad then it is bound to be true.

Never mind Project Fear, the Bremoaners have moved on to Operation Desperation.

Well here it is in your paper of choice then:

Brexit: Tories row after David Davis claims UK need EU migrant labour | Politics | News | Express.co.uk
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Lets see if the "no-deal" threat is in the letter, if not the EU negotiators will be popping champagne corks and throwing Brexit into the long grass. All they need to do is sit there playing hard to get and wait for the UK to come grovelling for their transitional deal.
          Politics, my friend. Ahead of the deal, uk.gov needed to keep Ultra Brexiters on side, despite the fact they are very much a minority of Brexiters. I'm not sure we'll be begging for the transitional deal, I'm fairly certain the transitional deal was the plan all along, along with a plan to make it the permanent deal, and behind closed doors, away from the papers, this has been the 'real' message rather than the 'public' message we're being fed.

If we keep being fed right now how schyte Brexit will be for us, then this is simply setting up a Tory 2020 General Election victory when we'll have left the EU (in a manner) and all will be well. The hard line Brexiters will have nowhere to turn in 2020 as UKIP have been obliterated and the other parties will not be offering a Brexit alternative.

Genius. And the final icing on the cake will be that Theresa May will have allowed Sturgeon to make herself look like a fool. There will either have been another Scottish referendum and a crushing defeat for Sturgeon or she'll be out demanding another one with nothing to back it up.

You have to hand it to Theresa May - I could never vote Conservative in a General Election, but she is playing a blinder and everyone is falling into her massive bear trap.
          Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Politics, my friend. Ahead of the deal, uk.gov needed to keep Ultra Brexiters on side, despite the fact they are very much a minority of Brexiters. I'm not sure we'll be begging for the transitional deal, I'm fairly certain the transitional deal was the plan all along, along with a plan to make it the permanent deal, and behind closed doors, away from the papers, this has been the 'real' message rather than the 'public' message we're being fed.

If we keep being fed right now how schyte Brexit will be for us, then this is simply setting up a Tory 2020 General Election victory when we'll have left the EU (in a manner) and all will be well. The hard line Brexiters will have nowhere to turn in 2020 as UKIP have been obliterated and the other parties will not be offering a Brexit alternative.

Genius. And the final icing on the cake will be that Theresa May will have allowed Sturgeon to make herself look like a fool. There will either have been another Scottish referendum and a crushing defeat for Sturgeon or she'll be out demanding another one with nothing to back it up.

You have to hand it to Theresa May - I could never vote Conservative in a General Election, but she is playing a blinder and everyone is falling into her massive bear trap.
            Hard Brexit is a complete fabrication.

The choice was stay or leave, in or out.

The term hard is a remainer fabrication.

Brexit purely and simply means leave.

Staying in with no say is not Brexit.

Other than that, nice analysis, but I don't think the outcome is likely.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              "It will be a worse deal than we have now, because we will miss out on all that EU political integration, we will have no say at the EU table (just like we have no say in the USA) but why would we?"

You fookin wat mate?

Political integration seriously do fook off

We can simply just ignore the political machinations and madness which spouts from the EUSSR gravy train.
              Sorry - Political spin. I voted leave because I am against political integration. But, the EU have to make it sound worse. The things they'll be spinning as making it sound worse really wont matter. We need to be out of political integration, which is a good thing. But the EU can spin it as a bad thing for us.

Brexit will mostly be spin to appease everyone. We will have a different relationship with the EU, but in practice we will not be worse off. At all. There is no appetite
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                Hard Brexit is a complete fabrication.

The choice was stay or leave, in or out.

The term hard is a remainer fabrication.

Brexit purely and simply means leave.

Staying in with no say is not Brexit.

Other than that, nice analysis, but I don't think the outcome is likely.
                Complete bollux as usual.

Hard Brexit is WTO rules.
                Soft Brexit is some form of agreement to access the single market.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Brexit will mostly be spin to appease everyone. We will have a different relationship with the EU, but in practice we will not be worse off. At all. There is no appetite
                  I kind of agree with this but there an appetite for hard Brexit among 3 groups of people: the very thick, Kippers and some Tories (for whom unregulated free markets are in their interests). The first 2 groups mostly intersect.
                  And until now, it appeared as if the latter group in particular were driving the Brexit agenda.
                  I hope you are right and that wiser counsel prevails.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Complete bollux as usual.

Hard Brexit is WTO rules.
                    Soft Brexit is some form of agreement to access the single market.
                    Both are the same - Brexit.

They only difference is the type of trade deal we have with the EU.

Brexit means leaving the EU, customs union, single market and etc.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      I kind of agree with this but there an appetite for hard Brexit among 3 groups of people: the very thick, Kippers and some Tories (for whom unregulated free markets are in their interests). The first 2 groups mostly intersect.
                      And until now, it appeared as if the latter group in particular were driving the Brexit agenda.
                      I hope you are right and that wiser counsel prevails.
                      The other group that is in favour of hard Brexit consists of those that want to collapse the state so that some fascist or Trotskyite fantasy can arise from the ashes.

Comment

Working...
                      X