• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shots outside of parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    So, industrial revolution is a proper noun now?
    its not often NLYUK is accused of being 'Proper'.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The article suggests that May is a C of E Anglo-Catholic, not a Roman Catholic.

Comment

So she is still Anglican. I know it's hard to understand as a Catholic but people in the CofE have diverse views and can stay under the CofE umbrella for centuries.

Also Theresa May has a habit of not saying anything. That's how she became PM.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          So she is still Anglican. I know it's hard to understand as a Catholic but people in the CofE have diverse views and can stay under the CofE umbrella for centuries.

Also Theresa May has a habit of not saying anything. That's how she became PM.
          'Catholic' means universal, and is a broader term that the Roman Catholic Church.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christi...ch#Anglicanism

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            'Catholic' means universal, and is a broader term that the Roman Catholic Church.

Huh? I know.

The happy clappy vicar near me explained the difference.

Comment

Huh? I know.

The happy clappy vicar near me explained the difference.
              It was more for the ignorant drunk bigot's benefit.

Comment

Thanks for that, going to a convent school like Threasa May did I kind of know a bit of this.

Comment

It was more for the ignorant drunk bigot's benefit.
                  Think you wasted your time.

He can't get it into his head why some practising Christian's refuse to send their kids to Church schools on the mainland.

Comment

Think you wasted your time.

He can't get it into his head why some practising Christian's refuse to send their kids to Church schools on the mainland.
                    If you look at a typical Irish Educate Together school, there are plenty of RC kids whose parents don't want an RC ethos education for them.

Comment

What should be addressed is why a politician as capable as Blair knew his Catholicism should he hidden until after his political career.

Comment

Working...
                      X