• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shots outside of parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Indeed organised religion is nuts. I'm aware of the divisions and they are mad when there is so much to be fixed in this world.

Judaism, Christianity & Islam have the same God yet they hate or exclude each other.

Our problem as humans is that we fail to see the good in others - Iraq is a "Muslim country" as is Syria. Christians are held in high regard there, loved and respected. The Iraqis are and Syrians are losing 1000s of young men fighting ISIS to defend Christians. They are Muslims....

Can you honestly not see what is going on here?

Until and unless the world starts to label this problem as militant Salafism rooted in Saudi Arabia, we are all going to suffer - Muslims, Christians and all the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Its either that or Abraham met 3 lots of God.

Christians are pretty clear on Jesus being 'The Son of God' this is reflected in the Trinity, 'O father why hast thou forsaken me?' etc. either that or all those Tuesdays, Thursdays , Fridays & Sundays being told about him were wasted. Abraham met Daddy, Judas met the first born. Christians just like the milder faith without the smiting & genocide that Daddy enjoys and hope his son will intercede.

Its not lack of education in religion that causes me to doubt the existence of God its a considered opinion after a series of life events that make me deny hiss/her existence. I don't think those that believe are fools many are wonderful people I just believe that they are wrong as is my right!
      There is a lot more common than there is different. Christians may view God differently but they still believe in One God - not 3.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Are you going to retract that, prove it or do we go to court, you idiot?
        If it makes you feel better:

I retract my labeling of LondonManc as a Racist Bigot and will not repeat that particular egregious slur on a man of clearly impeccable character. I should have course said that LondonManc is vile, offensive, thin-skinned, deeply ignorant and has all the appeal of a gangrenous paper cut, and has had a few posts already reported for racist content and been infracted for it.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          There is a lot more common than there is different. Christians may view God differently but they still believe in One God - not 3.
          There's a lot more in common between the DNA of you and a banana than there is different. The differences are what matters (if you care at all, that is).

Comment

Shots outside of parliament

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            Until and unless the world starts to label this problem as militant Salafism rooted in Saudi Arabia, we are all going to suffer - Muslims, Christians and all the rest of us.
            Certainly a primary source for the evil, I would agree.

But the evil is polluting far further into the mainstream faith than you portray.

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

But the evil is polluting far further into the mainstream faith than you portray.

The trouble with that, is that it doesn't define "some sympathy". Is something like "Well, I can understand why some people might get very upset about it, even to the point of killing, but I think they were utterly wrong to do what they did" having "some sympathy"?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                There's a lot more in common between the DNA of you and a banana than there is different. The differences are what matters (if you care at all, that is).
                Really poor response. If the human race focused on what united them rather than what divided them then the world would be a far better place.

Comment

If it makes you feel better:

I retract my labeling of LondonManc as a Racist Bigot and will not repeat that particular egregious slur on a man of clearly impeccable character. I should have course said that LondonManc is vile, offensive, thin-skinned, deeply ignorant and has all the appeal of a gangrenous paper cut, and has had a few posts already reported for racist content and been infracted for it.
                  Well, it doesn't take much for your inner child to jump out does it. Losing an argument, shouts racist. Made to look a fool, out comes the abuse of mod powers. You make MF look like a good moderator.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post

In another poll they found that British Muslims were a lot more proud to be British than non-Muslims..... The wording is the problem in that Poll - can I understand why some people would do this? Well if you continue to bomb the hell out of their countries then yeah I guess I kind of can. If somebody lost the plot because he had his family wiped out then I have sympathy for both him/her and the victims of their atrocity. Do I condone either atrocity? No I don't

Also key point - Salafism is actually spreading. It's a new phenomenon which strangely came about since Saudi became rich due to oil......

Comment

The trouble with that, is that it doesn't define "some sympathy". Is something like "Well, I can understand why some people might get very upset about it, even to the point of killing, but I think they were utterly wrong to do what they did" having "some sympathy"?
                      I agree with that, it is badly worded, maybe take the results in the round;

http://www.comresglobal.com/polls/bb...y-muslim-poll/

More than two in five (46%) feel that being a Muslim in Britain is difficult due to prejudice against Islam.
                      Almost all Muslims living in Britain feel a loyalty to the country (95%). Just 6% say they feel a disloyalty.
                      Nine in ten (93%) British Muslims believe that Muslims in Britain should always obey British laws.
                      One in four (27%) British Muslims say they have some sympathy for the motives behind the attacks on Charlie Hebdo in Paris.
                      However, two thirds (68%) say acts of violence against those who publish images of the Prophet can never be justified while a quarter (24%) disagree.
                      Muslim women are more likely than men to feel unsafe in Britain.
                      One in nine (11%) British Muslims feel sympathetic towards people who want to fight against western interests while 85% do not.
                      Half (49%) believe Muslim clerics preaching that violence against the west can be justified are out of touch with mainstream Muslim opinion, while 45% disagree.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X