• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shots outside of parliament

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Not actually what he said, though. Talking last September about an explosion in New York, he said "What I do know is that part and parcel of living in a great global city is you've got to be prepared for these things, you've got to be vigilant, you've got to support the police doing an incredibly hard job, you've got to support the security services, and I think speculating when you don't know the facts is unwise."

Donald Trump's son is for some reason (probably to do with being the lying racist offspring of a lying racist) doing his best today to take this out of context, and even changing the words around a bit to suit his lying racist agenda, but there's no need to let yourself get taken in by the lying racist's misrepresentations when you can watch the interview yourself on George Osborne's new blog: New York explosion: Sadiq Khan says terror attacks are 'part and parcel of life in a big city' | London Evening Standard
    Well said Nick. Unfortunately the Breitbart bigots will twist words, take them out of context and use innuendo to do the terrorists' rearguard work of creating divisions. I guess it is all part of the post Brexit 'Enemies of the People' zeitgeist.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      I hope I'm more charitable when your town gets hit by Islamist terrorists.
      Edit: It's so very easy to be holier than f**king thou when it happens somewhere else.
      I only called you a cretin. That was being charitable.

I remember hearing the Canary Wharf bomb. However I reacted to it with a bit of common sense and analytical thought.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I think LondonManc reacts to the Lone Wolf epithet because he believes that when people use it, they're really saying "not a muslim", or they're denying the link to Islam. He sees the phrase as something used by apologists for violence and gets all upset about liberalism. I think his reaction is wrong, not based on concern for the victims, but rather at outworking of a deep seated loathing of liberalism with a sprinkling of xenophobia. But maybe he's just a bit fick.

The headlines this morning say Islamist. The phrase "lone wolf" is used, not by apologists for Islamism, but in recognition that it seems he is not part of an organised group. He was acting alone, but may have had assistance from friends, and was certainly inspired by the like of ISIS propaganda - encouraging murder by vehicle and "martyrdom".
        LondonManc needs to explain whether he is an apologist for Thomas Mair or whether the killing of Jo Cox was an example of radical Brexitism.

Comment

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            LondonManc needs to explain whether he is an apologist for Thomas Mair or whether the killing of Jo Cox was an example of radical Brexitism.
            Don't waste your breath. He will argue it isn't terrorism.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Well said Nick. Unfortunately the Breitbart bigots will twist words, take them out of context and use innuendo to do the terrorists' rearguard work of creating divisions. I guess it is all part of the post Brexit 'Enemies of the People' zeitgeist.
              Regardless of whether or not that's what he said, I think the point is that terrorism is becoming part and parcel of life and it's not going to go away by bombing the crap out of whatever Mid East nation is the current bogeyman.

We have these people in our midst and we need to surveil the f**k out of them. And I'm sure that happens which is why this type of event is thankfully a rare thing.

I do struggle with the concept of returnees from Syria being allowed to remain at liberty though .

Let's face it, they were radicalised when they left, they're radicalised and brutalised when they come back.

Walking time bombs IMO. They should be held at her majesty's pleasure.
              Last edited by Big Blue Plymouth; 23 March 2017, 09:10.

Comment

I only called you a cretin. That was being charitable.

I remember hearing the Canary Wharf bomb. However I reacted to it with a bit of common sense and analytical thought.
                I thought you were supposed to be a comedy turn?

You make Marcus Brigstock sound like Jim Davidson.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Don't worry, we know the script....

1) This has nothing to do with Islam

2) The guy was a mentally ill "lone wolf".

3) Those who object to points 1 and 2 are racist bigots

4) Don't forget to change your Facebook profile to flag of country where it took place

5) Light some candles, hold a vigil and go on a peace march

6) Wait for the next slaughter to happen that clearly won't be in the name of the religion of peace.

7) Repeat
                  Well so far:
                  1. It's an Islamist terror attack and so to do with Islam
                  2. No mention of mental illness, and seven people have been arrested, so not a lone wolf
                  3. LondonManc is a racist bigot
                  4. Haven't observed any changes to facebook profiles so far

Your paradigm isn't faring well is it? But your racist bigotry is becoming ever more evident.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                    We have these people in our midst and we need to surveil the f**k out of them.
                    Great. East Germany here we come.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                      Attracts outrage. While a white bloke doing the same thing.

And what about that bastard in your picture, just standing there with his hands in his pockets.

Does it occur to you that perhaps they just weren't rubber necking, given the injured party some privacy? Or perhaps they're both just not wanting to be involved. Perfectly normal reactions. But no, you chose instead to spread your anti-Muslim propaganda without a moment's thought. Reinforcing the xenophobia of yourself and your bigotted cohorts. Driven more by hatred of others and a determination to spread your sick world view, than by your concern for people who've been hurt.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X