• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish Referendum Part 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I passionately want Scotland to remain an open, tolerant nation within the EU. I want Scotland to be a country that does not use EU citizens as bargaining chips. The UK union has had a good run but clearly politics in England are very different to those in Scotland. They already act like individual countries, we might as well make it official. Saving face for the sake of the kids is tiring.
    So passionately that you live and work in Germany.

One quick questions, are one or both of your parents Irish?

Comment

I passionately want Scotland to remain an open, tolerant nation within the EU. I want Scotland to be a country that does not use EU citizens as bargaining chips. The UK union has had a good run but clearly politics in England are very different to those in Scotland. They already act like individual countries, we might as well make it official. Saving face for the sake of the kids is tiring.
      I'm pro independence, but I think Sturgeon's latest focus on a free trade/single market deal outside the EU whilst applying for re-admission is the only credible way to independence. It will be a tough road, but the choice and independence affords that.
      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        I'm pro independence, but I think Sturgeon's latest focus on a free trade/single market deal outside the EU whilst applying for re-admission is the only credible way to independence. It will be a tough road, but the choice and independence affords that.
        So long as that's made clear then the whole thing is a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
          Speaking to other Germans out here it's clear many want to see Scotland remain part of the EU. Many I'm speaking to just don't get how a country can be removed against the will. Regardless of the unknowns, if the EU wishes it then it'll happen.

It is odd why the southern brethren take such an interest in Scottish affairs when seeking our own way.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Speaking to other Germans out here it's clear many want to see Scotland remain part of the EU. Many I'm speaking to just don't get how a country can be removed against the will. Regardless of the unknowns, if the EU wishes it then it'll happen.

It is odd why the southern brethren take such an interest in Scottish affairs when seeking our own way.
              Take an interest? We're funding the country you left.

You're not a sovereign state, big difference.

Oh and as for being admitted, you don't qualify for entry under the current criteria.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                Take an interest? We're funding the country you left..
                I know you believe that. The truth is you're borrowing from international lenders daily increasing your debt.

Turns out you're not as rich as you think. In fact poor would be a better adjective as wage growth is not happening whilst living standards are dropping.

As for my contribution, I've returned to Scotland now and again to give lectures at my old uni from time to time. Attended seminars with students for prospective career advice.

I'd wager my contribution is much greater than someone of the position you're advertising. But I don't know you so I can't make that claim. Nevertheless it seems not to hold you back.

Comment

Attended seminars with students for prospective career advice.

So, have they taught you anything
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

They wouldn't if they realised how much it will cost them to bail you out. Even if the rest of the UK just writes off your share of the UK national debt, within a couple of years you'll be running a deficit that would make a Greek's eyes water.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      They wouldn't if they realised how much it will cost them to bail you out. Even if the rest of the UK just writes off your share of the UK national debt, within a couple of years you'll be running a deficit that would make a Greek's eyes water.
                      That's unfair as unlike the Greeks the Scottish people will pay their taxes. Though they won't have jobs to pay any with.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X