• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One for Scooter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I can't see independence happening now, even the average punter in the street can see that the finances are fooked.
    Yet that's exactly what the UK did on its decision to leave the EU.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

"the finances are fooked"

This isn't some kind of imagined emergency budget, it's present tense, the finances are fooked.

And this is our finance secretary..

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        The difference being Scotland has a sugar daddy (England) and the UK doesn't. We'll cope outside the EU, you've got no chance.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          The difference being Scotland has a sugar daddy (England) and the UK doesn't. We'll cope outside the EU, you've got no chance.
          Yes, the UK is not in debt.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Yes, the UK is not in debt.
            We're ignoring that 1.3 tn then are we?
            I get what you're saying though, we have a chance of paying it back. The Mad Jocks haven't a clue, they think all their debts are our debts. Which they are, technically.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I get what you're saying though, we have a chance of paying it back. The Mad Jocks haven't a clue, they think all their debts are our debts. Which they are, technically.
              Oh I agree, it's like playing monopoly with the patients after their Mogadon discussing economics with nationalists.

If this circus starts up again I'm moving all my Ltd tulip down south.

Comment

Its good to have an Amigo (Loan).
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Its good to have an Amigo (Loan).
                  At their rates we'd be fooked in a fortnight.

Comment

I think the PM will grant a indyref#2 with the express intention of losing it.

That will be the perfect excuse to abort BREXIT. Far too difficult to split the country and leave the EU simultaneously.

And the SNP will then be responsible for "Taking the Scottish People out of the EU against their clear intentions" ( as they tried to 1st time round incidentally ).

That's my conspiracy theory and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Yes the UK does not spend more than it earns on a daily basis.

Nurse! Nurse! We've a live one!
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X