• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Haha....nice to see an ex employer screw up...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Any suggestion that staff are restricted to a pen and cup on their desk is simply not true.
    This person is right...staff arent allowed cups on their desks!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
      I just find it sadly ironic that HMRC staff start walk outs complaining about 'Hare brained schemes' relating to... the heinous crime of.... removing pictures and sandwiches from their desks. While they are quite happy to enforce ludicrous legislation from higher ups that ruin peoples lives.

"The HMRC's Lean programme, which aims to improve efficiency, has already resulted in a work-to-rule and overtime ban among 14,000 civil servants."

Fine, so if we protest about 'hare-brained' taxation, what happens to us...? Jail probably, for non payment.

Just resign and find a proper job, perhaps torturing small animals for some 'life sciences' company - you could still cause suffering, and keep the pics of your wife and kids next the PC, just like the 'good old days' when you used to try to enforce IR35.....

Nice to see the f*ckers on the receiving end for once... long may it continue.

Take away their pensions next.
      I could not agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
        Nope. Its Unipart ... a fecking logistics company.
        I used to work for Unipart up until they lost their Rover logistics contract. Good company up to that point, but ever since then I felt they had lost their way a bit. Seems it's true! It has had some genuinely good ideas on lean thinking, but the idea of removing desk pictures/mementos to boost productivity is totally jumping the shark.
        "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Thing
          I used to work for Unipart up until they lost their Rover logistics contract. Good company up to that point, but ever since then I felt they had lost their way a bit. Seems it's true! It has had some genuinely good ideas on lean thinking, but the idea of removing desk pictures/mementos to boost productivity is totally jumping the shark.
          They are a good company to work for. I just felt that what they were good at was small scale high value stuff. They are great for Vodafone and Three who have loads of money. Compared to DHL they are just too pricey. Thier lean stuff is good but nothing that other providers wont give you and it adds a lot to the price and imho was seldom implemented right.

I mean when I was at one customers they bought some workstations (desks not PCs) and paid well over £1000 each for them and they didnt do the job properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Forumbore
            I could not agree more.
            I could care less. Oh, wait...

Comment

Heh, have you seen some of these Gov workers desks - the non work related items on their desks are horrendous anything you could think off from cuddly toys - iffy calendars - holiday photos - all kind of holiday tacky memorabilia, some desks gives you headache just by looking at them. Whenever there are some kind of team changes and people were asked to change desks - oh Loooord they'd kick the biggest fuss you can imagine, they are sooooo attached to that piece of furniture..

I remember on a project I was working for last year, the government managers were complaining bitterly about this and insisting that its time for these employees to change, they need to understand that the desk they sit on is owned by their employer, just because they are sitting on the desk it doesn’t mean they own it !!!

Comment

Working...
              X