• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump Travel Ban 2.0

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darryle View Post
    I want to believe that Trump is just protecting his country from future terror attack.
    Very simple and logical question - 90% of 911 bombers were Saudi, why is Saudi not on the list? How many Iranian citizens have committed an atrocity in the US (come to think of it in the world as a whole).

Comment

Originally posted by northwestperm2contr View Post
      very simple and logical question - 90% of 911 bombers were saudi, why is saudi not on the list? How many iranian citizens have committed an atrocity in the us (come to think of it in the world as a whole).
      Money Money Money

That's the simple answer the longer answer is Trump has business interests in Saudi plus this linky In addition the Saudis like buying weapons and using them but not on the West.
      Last edited by SueEllen; 7 March 2017, 12:25.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        Very simple and logical question - 90% of 911 bombers were Saudi, why is Saudi not on the list? How many Iranian citizens have committed an atrocity in the US (come to think of it in the world as a whole).
        More people pa are killed in USA by toddlers with their own parents guns and by IKEA furniture than by nationals of those Islamic States in Trumps ban.

Some suggest Saudi is off the list cos Trump has business interests there...

Comment

Does US have home-grown terrorists in their many shootings, or are they all lone madmen? I can imagine many claim to be acting from various religious reasons but I'd not include the lone religious nut-job in the terrorist category... do they get home-grown IS people?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Does US have home-grown terrorists in their many shootings, or are they all lone madmen? I can imagine many claim to be acting from various religious reasons but I'd not include the lone religious nut-job in the terrorist category... do they get home-grown IS people?
            My gun-toting US friends (i.e. only one of two of those, the rest are pretty sensible) blame it on depressed men who somehow get hold of a gun while on meds, i.e. not the fault of having cheap and abundant weaponry, it's just a wayward few....

In other words absolute bollocks....

Comment

Does US have home-grown terrorists in their many shootings, or are they all lone madmen?
              What is the difference? Remember in the US people including the president have to have personal religious observation and if you take that too extremes....

I can imagine many claim to be acting from various religious reasons but I'd not include the lone religious nut-job in the terrorist category... do they get home-grown IS people?
              According to the recent reports they do. However I think ISIS claims anyone who does an act they approve of regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                What is the difference? Remember in the US people including the president have to have personal religious observation and if you take that too extremes....
                It makes a difference to the gun arguments. If terrorism is the big threat to America and you start getting home-grown terrorists using legally bought guns under the constitution, that's a big deal. If shooters are screwed up individuals you can't make that link when arguing against guns.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

US right-wing terrorists and other similar people have been reclassified as non-terrorrists / nut-jobs to preserve the rationale for demonising Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    More people pa are killed in USA by toddlers with their own parents guns and by IKEA furniture than by nationals of those Islamic States in Trumps ban.

Some suggest Saudi is off the list cos Trump has business interests there...
                    I'd support a travel ban on toddlers, noisy little feckers.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      I'd support a travel ban on toddlers, noisy little feckers.
                      They aren't all noisy.

Comment

Working...
                      X