• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another gloomy Brexit forecast. If you're a Remnant.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Hope springs eternal I guess.
    I'm happy with any outcome/relationship as long as we leave the EU; end our enslavement to FOM, and have the write of self determination.

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      I'm happy with any outcome/relationship as long as we leave the EU; end our enslavement to FOM, and have the write of self determination.

Wow! You would be happy with economic devastation as long as we leave the EU; end our enslavement to FOM, and have the write of self determination!

Comment

Wow! You would be happy with economic devastation as long as we leave the EU; end our enslavement to FOM, and have the write of self determination!
        I do not believe there will be economic devastation. But even the most pessimistic forecast suggest a drop of GDP of less than 10%.

I consider that a small price to pay for independence.

I also consider that this country needs a damn good wake up call, it is lazy and unfocused. We need to get our sh:t together. Great! Lets make it happen.

Comment

but you can bet your arse that Camoron did.
          Said that before the referendum. He was angling for President and they would have given it to him if we hadn't voted 'out'.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            I do not believe there will be economic devastation. But even the most pessimistic forecast suggest a drop of GDP of less than 10%.

I consider that a small price to pay for independence.

I also consider that this country needs a damn good wake up call, it is lazy and unfocused. We need to get our sh:t together. Great! Lets make it happen.
            You said you would be happy with any outcome/relationship as long as we leave the EU; end our enslavement to FOM, and have the write of self determination.

Therefore you would be happy with economic devastation, accepting you do not believe there will be economic devastation.

Comment

You said you would be happy with any outcome/relationship as long as we leave the EU; end our enslavement to FOM, and have the write of self determination.

Therefore you would be happy with economic devastation, accepting you do not believe there will be economic devastation.
              Yes

https://youtu.be/TH-zDgKt7gU

https://youtu.be/KC0fAyVcx2A
              Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 8 February 2017, 13:24.

Comment

But there won't be.

The forecasts of recession are looking good gone. Latest forecasts suggest gdp growth slightly lower than otherwise would have been expected. No dip in gdp itself, just slightly lower growth. A price well worth paying.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                  But there won't be.

The forecasts of recession are looking good gone. Latest forecasts suggest gdp growth slightly lower than otherwise would have been expected. No dip in gdp itself, just slightly lower growth. A price well worth paying.
                  All the positive forecasts don't take into account a hard Brexit.
                  Those positive forecasts and, indeed, the PWC forecast (fWIW, since they've been unable to forecast toffee in the past ) assumed single market access. The PWC additionally assumes that the UK is "open to talent" (their words) i.e. FoM.
                  With the hardest Brexit on the table, all bets are off.

Having said which, as I've said before, I think hard Brext is the only practical option and one that should be taken since that is the only way to remove the issue from public debate once and for all. Sink or swim.
                  If it's sink, we'll have to rejoin the EU on their terms - and given the demographic difference in voting, I have no doubt that the Uk will be part of the Euro 20 years from now
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                    But there won't be.

We can all make predictions. The point is that the mauve monkey would be happy with economic devastation, and it's helpful to have these little glimpses into Brexiteers' world view.

Comment

Bank of England policymaker hints higher interest rates may be needed for 'star performer' UK

Dooooooooooooooom...
                      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Working...
                      X