• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eurovision

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are any of them actually worth listening to?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Toys out of the pram tantrum......

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Apparently the Belgium entry is the only one that is commercial enough to be in the charts - linky

A bit of remixing and it will be good enough for my exercise classes.
        Last edited by SueEllen; 14 May 2017, 20:47.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Apparently the Belgium entry is the only one that is commercial enough to be in the charts - linky

A bit of remixing and it will be good enough for my exercise classes.
          I thought Norway was the only one which had anything resembling a modern chart song...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by I am shaunbhoy View Post
            Busy day today for you...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              I thought Norway was the only one which had anything resembling a modern chart song...
              Showing your age.

Comment

The countries that pay the most don't have to go through the semi finals.

So why not decide the winner on the highest bidder?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  The countries that pay the most don't have to go through the semi finals.

So why not decide the winner on the highest bidder?
                  Then it would end up in Russia for the next 5 years.

Anyway the reason the UK doesn't win is no-one wants a weekend in Brighton. If it was in some sh*thole in London, somewhere in Scotland or Wales then people would vote for the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    The winning song was terrible though?
                    It was absolute vomit. So many better songs.
                    With the intellectual level of CUK, your comments are normal.

Portugal won with a great distance from the other songs by the Jury. Manny countries gave 12 points to Portugal including the UK.

Comment

The Romanian entry with the yodelling. Not bad by Eurovison or rap standards.

Romania's Yodel It! cannot be ruled out for a Eurovision win | Metro News
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X