• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Judgement Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A desperate last-ditch stalling tactic that has now run its course. Brexit will proceed as announced on 31st March 2017.

Nothing to see here.....move along........
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Is there any limit to your stupidity?
      Probably not.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        The SNP will vote against it thereby triggering a Scottish referendum. Love it when a plan comes together.
        Oh good. If Jimmy Krankie wins the referendum, you'll have no use for a UK Contractor forum and can f**k off. Every cloud and all that.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Based on the summary judgement, this is a good outcome for gov't. The lack of unanimity justifies an appeal that they were highly unlikely to win, based on the strength of the Hight Court judgement, and there's no need to consult the devolved administrations. All should proceed as expected, on timetable. Constitutional crisis averted.
          I hope the Tories are not using tax money to pay for this appeal
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Also, scanning the longer judgement, I can't see any immediate constraints on the length or contents of the Act, which is another plus for gov't, giving maximum flexibility. Snap analysis, good result Either way, this enemies of the people crap is precisely that.

Comment

The SNP will vote against it thereby triggering a Scottish referendum. Love it when a plan comes together.
              Sewel Convention is a Convention not a law, don't think SNP will get a vote other than in HOP.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                A desperate last-ditch stalling tactic that has now run its course. Brexit will proceed as announced on 31st March 2017.

Nothing to see here.....move along........
                Indeed, let the train wreck proceed.
                The first-class passengers are relatively insulated and the resultant pain for the rest will be good for the soul of the country.
                Britain has lacked any experience of occupation or disaster for far too long, a Götterdämmerung moment is needed to focus minds.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think you know they are. I suppose they felt they had to, for certainty on the prerogative. As the judgement states, this is nothing to do with leaving the EU, really.

Comment

Why not? They wasted it on trying to convince the electorate to stay in.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
                      Why not? They wasted it on trying to convince the electorate to stay in.
                      There is a precedent - Salmond wasted public money on trying to get Scotland out. Wee Jimmy looks set to do it again.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X