• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The flag of the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The one that Putin in the Russian Federation and Kim Jong-un in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea both use.

Well it's fair to both of them as they change the law and rig the vote so they both get re-elected.
    So in essence, you cannot conceive of anything fairer? I rest my case.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      So in essence, you cannot conceive of anything fairer? I rest my case.
      Fairer to whom?

There is more than one type of democracy - after all the Russian Federation is a democracy.

Also even in different UK elections different methods of declaring the winner(s) are used.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Fairer to whom?
        Fairer to the electorate of a decent sized democracy.

What we have is far from perfect, but other than a PR system (which I would personally prefer), our system is pretty fair.

Our problems do not lie in the system of choice that we employ, they lay in the fact that we have such a piss-poor selection of candidates to select from.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

[QUOTE=Flashman;2361013]
          Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post

Errm an self governing parliamentary democracy is a 'path demanded by Nazis' ?

things that you don't like aren't always "Nazi" !
          I merely point out that you are lined up with Nazis. I didn't realise it was going to offend your snowflake sensibilities so much.

Comment

[QUOTE=northernladyuk;2361465]
            Originally posted by Flashman View Post

I merely point out that you are lined up with Nazis. I didn't realise it made absolutely no logical sense
            ftfy

Comment

Working...
            X