• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If.......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i said 'time of year' which refers to the period where you wear a poppy to pay respect to those who lost their lives to allow you the freedom to post grotty little messages on forums like this.

I thought I was part of intelligent community, until today

Comment

Originally posted by scriptfromscratch
      i said 'time of year' which refers to the period where you wear a poppy to pay respect to those who lost their lives to allow you the freedom to post grotty little messages on forums like this.

Blindly following someone or something without questioning it is not a sign of respect...
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Oh thee of little faith (and sharp tongue). This is the General forum, in which a range of topics are covered. Some intelligent comments are made. It isn't, however, the ultimate bastion of intellectual conversation. You need to go to the caravanning forum for that.
        Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Sorry, I'm really hung up on the bag thing....your agent bought you it?

Who's agent buys them a bag?!

And who would wear a bag that their agent bought them??!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

look i have an over the shoulder mulberry 'Ridley' bag with a postman's lock closure and adjustable strap - my agent bought it for before you ask.
            I consider myself pretty metrosexual, but the man bag is a hard one to pull off. I tryed one in about 1998, but it just didn't work. I looked like I had a girl's bag - plain and simple. Kudos to you script, if you can do it and not look like a wally.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

i've been with the same agent for 2 years, on 5 different contracts - each time his cut was £100/day or more - he's got me a bag, 3 lunches and for christmas we are going to Stringfellow's

Comment

each time his cut was £100/day or more

No wonder he does! What's that as a %?

Comment

i've been with the same agent for 2 years, on 5 different contracts - each time his cut was £100/day or more - he's got me a bag, 3 lunches and for christmas we are going to Stringfellow's

Are you dating your agent?
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                    Sorry, I'm really hung up on the bag thing....your agent bought you it?

Who's agent buys them a bag?!

And who would wear a bag that their agent bought them??!
                    Indeed.

The only time I ever heard of an agent giving anyone anything (other than a c*ck up the @rse), was a champagne night, some people shamed him into....(he was a one man band taking 30% from 35 contractors, sole supplier). As it turned out everyone hated him so much no one turned up, he was very hurt apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                      Indeed.

The only time I ever heard of an agent giving anyone anything (other than a c*ck up the @rse), was a champagne night, some people shamed him into....(he was a one man band taking 30% from 35 contractors, sole supplier). As it turned out everyone hated him so much no one turned up, he was very hurt apparently.

Hiya Lucy - glad to see you back! I thought these bozos might have scared you off for good!
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X