• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's your number?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

225 billable days + about another 50 days worth from fixed price stuff

Comment

I feel as though I have worked more than any other year, yet having just counted up I will have amassed only 170 by the time I ride off into the sunset tomorrow. Perplexing.

EDIT: Christ, I am thick. I tend not to work Fridays. And it's 199 days anyhow. Not 170.
      Last edited by I just need to test it; 20 December 2016, 12:12.

Comment

237 billed days - lots of half days for kids appointments or wife being sick.

Comment

looking at invoices, I've had 21 days off, which will include bank holidays, so 240 days.

need to take more time off next year. last year I was benched for about 3 months, so warchest took a big hit, so was reluctant to take much time off. built up a bit now so gives me some breathing space.

Comment

209 days billed, nowhere near that many worked.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

According to Freeagent, I've only billed 213 days. A bit lower than I was expecting really, considering that I have been in contract all year...

I do target 220 billable days per year, and at least my financial year (September to September) was 220.5 days I don't contract so I can work all the hours god sends and I'm finding a decent work/life balance. Quite enjoying this furlough week, as the kids are still in school until Friday
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

12 days billed but that was enough to buy another 2 BTLs in the center of London
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

queenie only did 177 in 2015/16 as opposed to 196 the year before.

Queen steps down as patron of children's charities - BBC News

i did 225.5 but probably didn't invoice quite as much
                  Last edited by deebeegee; 20 December 2016, 17:55.

Comment

Blimey. This thread is an eye opener. I thought most of us worked for the flexibility. I'm surprised at those that just had half days with family or no holidays at all? I had 2 family hols, a lads holiday, went on tour and plenty of long weekends etc cause I can. It must be me that's doing something wrong
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Blimey. This thread is an eye opener. I thought most of us worked for the flexibility. I'm surprised at those that just had half days with family or no holidays at all? I had 2 family hols, a lads holiday, went on tour and plenty of long weekends etc cause I can. It must be me that's doing something wrong
                      Part timer

Comment

Working...
                      X