• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top end guys don't have a ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
    I'm telling you, I'm not exaggerating

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      The 'hassle' is a few hours maximum each month ... yes, MONTH. To create the invoice, complete my expense forms and update my spreadsheet. Then once a year I send this off to my accountant to process. He sorts out my quarterly payroll so no hassle for me there. So yes, 25 hours a year is a real hassle
      Don't rise to it mate. OP's just a spouting jerk trying to get some attention - must have been picked on by the girls when he was little.

Comment

I read that (sadly rather disjointed) monologue in my head using a hybrid Partridge/Brent voice - most enjoyable.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          I read that (sadly rather disjointed) monologue in my head using a hybrid Partridge/Brent voice - most enjoyable.
          I reckon you should try an Aussie accent.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Gotcha.

Chuck another shrimp on the Barbie, Sheila..
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
              <snip>
              I'm telling you, I'm not exaggerating - the majority of the big contractors are not running LTDs. But if you want to take the p1ss go for it. It's your lower level guys who do all that stuff- because they have too. Contracting at low levels is a one way ticket out of careerdom for them- so they have to do maximum milking. For those who chose their skill set with a wise long term view, who will come back in to senior perm roles on 100k+ at the end of contracting - it's not so important.

I know a BA who jumps through many hoops and pays 10% tax legally. Bores the life out of me he does- once he starts talking abour his complicated setup. The amount of flying he has to do, maintaining properties in various places- ridiculous, and a bit bad taste actually. I enjoy paying a lot of tax, since I take lot of dough out for doing not very much.

<snip>
              1. The majority of 'big contractors' I knew in the City were in the past using dodgy tax avoidance schemes. No doubt you are too, in your theoretical mind as it slips slowly into a state of delightful dementia.
              2. £100k perm salary is really not that much any more if you are capable.
              3. "maintaining properties in various places"? What's that got to do with anything. I guess you're one of his tenants, given that you enjoy throwing money away.

Idiot. 81.
              Last edited by ChimpMaster; 29 November 2016, 10:47.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Gotcha.

Chuck another shrimp on the Barbie, Sheila..

Comment

Isn't back to front rhyming slag?

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
                    Isn't back to front rhyming slag?
                    See you next...

(Deliberately spelt wrong.)
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      I am all choked up.

Comment

Working...
                      X