• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

5 days and nothing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    I had my freak-out yesterday...you're clearly having yours today mate. Something will turn up - just keep our chin up and keep looking.

Edit: I've just read DimPrawns reply - if you are still working I take all of my sympathy back!
    Where are you based Sal? - I get quite a few calls for Oracle Dev stuff - I'm a DBA you see, and pimps can seldom spell their own names let alone distinguish the difference between those two...
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      thanks Mordy you cheeky cant
      just for you Mordy I'm working this weekend

Milan.
      You know I'm only teasing Beansey.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

look luv,

less of it

we can write december off for looking for work hence trying to find something now

nah, get back to the ironing pile

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
          Where are you based Sal? - I get quite a few calls for Oracle Dev stuff - I'm a DBA you see, and pimps can seldom spell their own names let alone distinguish the difference between those two...
          North East - 3 jobs turned up on Friday morning whch I applied for, but they're all tulipe rates. Still I'd take anything at home at the minute - cant be arsed with the monday morning "planes, trains and automobiles" commute down south anymore.

You're right though - I get rang for DBA jobs all the time too! If you hear anything interesting give me a shout though.

Are you looking at the mo? Or are you sitting being a prima donna on some cushy project somewhere?
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            North East - 3 jobs turned up on Friday morning whch I applied for, but they're all tulipe rates. Still I'd take anything at home at the minute - cant be arsed with the monday morning "planes, trains and automobiles" commute down south anymore.

You're right though - I get rang for DBA jobs all the time too! If you hear anything interesting give me a shout though.

Are you looking at the mo? Or are you sitting being a prima donna on some cushy project somewhere?
            No worries mate - if I hear of anything you'll be the first to know.

I am, I'm afraid, that web-browsing chair-twirling prima donna at the mo. Good til April, I should think...
            The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Everyone who works in IT is a man. Or used to be a man.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                Everyone who works in IT is a man. Or used to be a man.
                Except you.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                  Everyone who works in IT is a man.
                  Or a Dalek.

Where are all the others anyway? Don't get me wrong, I'm gratified they're all hard at work robotising humans.

Comment

.dole boys that's the way forward

Comment

at fecking last

just had a telephone interview and got an offer for S for
                      1st of December

and a payrise. sorteeeeeeeeeeed.

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X