• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A good read on Government Self Harm...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    There is also a large arrogance around these people which is rather misplaced in my view.
    A lot of management seems to like arrogance in their management / suppliers until they are found out. I've also found that they will always eventually be found out
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

GDS are still a fledgling organisation and incredibly young and passionate in their demographic. They do come over as a bit like Norman Tebbit when they arrive to disrupt projects and that's not all bad.

However I do think they are a little too web focused and the next stages of transition will need a lot of different skillsets many of which will start to temper the agile fixes everything mentally that annoys the crap out of every other department they meet...

So ironically I find myself saying long live GDS may they continue to give bad suppliers wedgies for many more years

Comment

I had a couple of interviews with a 'government organisation' two years ago and I have decided not to bother again. The room where programmers sat was so cramped they were coding elbow to elbow and the guy who interviewed me during second stage kept interrupting me all the time and then told me "sadly, we've run out of time".
        You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Working...
        X