• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are people inherently stupid when it comes to money?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Basic money management like how to create a budget, how borrowing and saving work, what a mortgage is, should be mandatory. You could say the parents should teach the children how to read and write and do simple arithmetic; more parents know those things!

All these financial things can very easily be covered as part of the existing curriculum as it's basic arithmetic, you just apply the context. Relying on parents who may not know themselves just perpetuates the issue.

I'm not saying we should have GCSE questions "Tarquin's fathers earn £34k collectively, if they get 99% mortgages how many BTLs can they buy" just basic, useful skills. Hell if you think education should focus on the more pure academic stuff then teach it along with woodwork and IT as a namby pamby life skill module!
    Oddly it was actually taught in my schools but not in one subject area.

So it was taught in Maths, History and Personal Development as we had a bank come into our school.

However if you asked anyone apart from those in the top set with me they would claim they weren't taught anything about money management in school.

So I expect other schools do cover it.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      She sounds stupid.

Can you post her contact details? Plan B is to fleece the stupid...
      I thought the the ExMrsBP's had already worked that plan faultlessly!
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        I thought the the ExMrsBP's had already worked that plan faultlessly!

naughty!

not as well as this one

Mother awarded family's entire £550k estate in 'extraordinary' 100pc divorce ruling - Telegraph

though to be fair he does seem a very bad boy.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X