• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are Google losing their Midas touch?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the thing that has plagued Linux and Windows devices for ever is that they are based on tech toys for tech people and frankly we are a fairly small and mostly autistic bunch. To the annoyance of most of the tech industry, the reason that Apple did so well is that they completely ignore the tech sector. The other 90% of the planet doesn't give a hoot if their phone has an O-LED screen. they really don't care about support for different protocols or jacks they just want a sleek thing that does noddy stuff... Apple access this market perfectly. and if you want a multi-billion success you can't keep playing to the relatively small market of techies.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
      Google Glass. Years of hype but cancelled before it was launched.

Google Self-Driving Cars. Years of hype, still not on the market. In the meantime you can buy and own a self-driving Tesla.

Google haven't done anything interesting for years.
      Glass: loads of hype and publicity without even having to release anything. They gathered loads of data about this sort of product and are still working on it in the background.

Cars... nobody has cracked this yet certainly not Tesla. It's a wide open market awaiting legislation to allow them to be used, which will turn the world on its head.

Note, Google can gain from self-driving cars even without selling them, if they can make their StreetView fleet entirely automated and save on employee costs.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Cars... nobody has cracked this yet certainly not Tesla. It's a wide open market awaiting legislation to allow them to be used, which will turn the world on its head.
        Actually I have driven both the X and the S and they are stunning. When the model 3 comes out I think that they will more or less corner the market.

Comment

Working...
        X