• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fitba

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Already ruined it.

Always makes me laugh when they talk about fan ownership. While it's fine and a reasonable goal for Bury, Northampton, etc., how are fans meant to be able to afford Premier League clubs? United were valued at £2bn a couple of years ago.
    Jezza will nationalise them all. You heard it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      It is quite a dangerous time for football. That said, people don't go down the pub to watch like they used to. 15 years ago, even with a United game on ITV, our local was standing room only for an away CL tie. It thinned out a little for home games but tickets were harder to come by then so not much.
      There are 2 football friendly pubs within walking distance, both have Sky Sports but neither has BT Sport. Maybe they are charging too much to pubs, my subscription has just been cancelled because it was starting to cost almost as much as Sky Sports. I watched the Arse on a pretty good stream, so I'm not complaining.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        There are 2 football friendly pubs within walking distance, both have Sky Sports but neither has BT Sport. Maybe they are charging too much to pubs, my subscription has just been cancelled because it was starting to cost almost as much as Sky Sports. I watched the Arse on a pretty good stream, so I'm not complaining.
        That's the other thing that's kicked in - the improvement of streaming of games over the internet.

At home with a few nice bottles of Czech lager for a fiver rather than £20 for a round trip to the pub.

I get my BT Sports free with my broadband.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
        X